Going Fast

misscrabstick

Reaction score
So whilst going out shopping for a new workshop lamp, I stopped off at my top secret test track facility and gave my MT a bit of bully beef, I saw an indicated 129 mph and it was still going but not very quickly, I was impressed though that considering the lack of fairings etc it did feel extremely stable.

I also found out that my handbag zip undoes itself at this speed ( over the shoulder strap type), luckily nothing flew out!

I owned a naked kawasaki zr7 last year, it scared the pants off me above 90 mph feeling as if it would tank slapper me to death at any second, and feeling very light at the front.

On this same stretch of "top secret test track facility" I can very easily get my old Yamaha Thunderace to 145mph by way of comparison.

So in conclusion I think Mr Yamaha did a good job making a naked that feels pretty safe at higher speeds.

That is all.

Last edited:

pipski99

Reaction score
Safety first in all things I always say, of course on the public highway I never exceed 69mph.
Same here. Although last year I accidentally went over 30mph in a 30mph speed limit area. Luckily the Sussex police were on hand, hiding in the bushes with a speed camera to point out the error of my ways.

Thanks Sussex police.

My old FZ6 did an indicated 125 on my local private test track but I've only had the MT up to 115 so far but it really gets there much quicker and easier and it's like a white knuckle ride the way it pulls.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I too have a "private test track" facility near me and reached speeds of 186 on my gixxer, the MT-09 however flew to 125 and then creeped to 147. As miss Stick said... It is surprisingly stable at those speeds but to sustain it for more than a couple of miles u need to have neck muscles Conan the barbarian wud be jealous of lol