Good bye tax disc...=small number plate crackdown?

emptyoh9

Reaction score
So that bit of paper no longer spoils the nice lines of my bike and i'm guessing that's the same for the rest of you guys/girls too (well those in the UK away) but heres the thing...are you running a smaller sized number plate, smaller font than legal etc? I was thinking that now they are more reliant on ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) will police be more inclined to stop you/fine you if your plate is smaller etc?

Just a thought...mines normal sized (not sure about the plate though;))

gazza

Reaction score
stop being negative you sure you aint the law ?????????????????????????????????????

gazza

Reaction score
7x5 only way to go. i wont be changing mine. catch me if you can....

gazza

Reaction score
who the fuck says legal size is right anyway. bloody looks stupid if you ask me

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
The ANPR is for regognize stollen vehicles.... if you haven't declare to authorities that your car/bike is missing then... no prob..
But, from my experience, the police cars-equiped with ANPR in my country can find if a vehicle that is parked beside the pavement has original number plates or not.
By this way they reached some parked stollen cars (full in weapons) in which terrorist groups had put copied number plates with similar letters & numbers from cars (same brand & color) that they legally are on streets.
Same method has been used by teams of bank robbers ...
We are legal people... or not ???:rolleyes:

uppylad

Reaction score
So that bit of paper no longer spoils the nice lines of my bike and i'm guessing that's the same for the rest of you guys/girls too (well those in the UK away) but heres the thing...are you running a smaller sized number plate, smaller font than legal etc? I was thinking that now they are more reliant on ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) will police be more inclined to stop you/fine you if your plate is smaller etc?

Just a thought...mines normal sized (not sure about the plate though;))
Haven't displayed a tax disc on any of my bikes for last 10 years, stops it getting nicked or going soggy and unreadable, I always leave it under my seat in a plastic bag.
Never once been asked by anyone where it is, even at Devils Bridge and that is heaving with over zelous anti biking police and VOSA :cool:

flydnb

Reaction score
never put tax disc on my bike either and never had a problem form police, always kept disc in my jacket.

emptyoh9

Reaction score
stop being negative you sure you aint the law ?????????????????????????????????????
"i am THE LAW!" :) i just had a photocopy on mine as they usually get wet/nicked etc.

I was thinking of getting a smaller plate that's just made me think twice that's all....Since nobody bothered displaying one in the first place makes me wonder why i bothered! M'eh.

Brraaaapp......

Kinjane

Reaction score
It's visible proof you've paid money into the UK government duck house fund and other unique aid budgets for the needy.

Birdy

Reaction score
The thing is now, when you sell a vehicle , the tax is no longer transferable !!! The new owner has to tax it AGAIN and you will have to tax your new vehicle AGAIN ....the dirty robbing fucktards!!!! Unless you tax the thing for a whole year you cant even reclaim the money back . Honestly UK is run by the most corrupt , money grabbing ,pencil dicked , slack jawed chinless , wishy washy clueless nappy wearing accountant PRICKS in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigtrm

Reaction score
The thing is now, when you sell a vehicle , the tax is no longer transferable !!! The new owner has to tax it AGAIN and you will have to tax your new vehicle AGAIN ....the dirty robbing fucktards!!!! Unless you tax the thing for a whole year you cant even reclaim the money back . Honestly UK is run by the most corrupt , money grabbing ,pencil dicked , slack jawed chinless , wishy washy clueless nappy wearing accountant PRICKS in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's illegal, criminal gov you have there.

flipper

Reaction score
DVLA says:

If you sell a vehicle after 1 October and you have notified DVLA, you will automatically get a refund for any full remaining months left on the vehicle tax. The refund will be sent to the keepers details on DVLA records so you need to make sure that these are correct.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Seems we all need to sell our vehicles at the end of the month to keep 3rd party profits to an absolute minimum :)

Last edited: