goodby MT09 Hello Z1000sz

shigidar

Reaction score
Hello friends,
after 15 months and huge fun i traded my 2015 MT09 for Z1000SX 2016. The decision wasn't easy as i LOVE that triple motor. But as i needed more sport/touring capabilities,
more upper speed stability and better handling i decided against investing in aftermarket and going with the Z1000SX ( used to own ZZR600 back then and loved it).
I want to thank all the people here at the forum that have been very helpful and nice.
Keep the fun as we all know the MT09 is a lots of fun :)

maybe in the future when Yamaha will build a proper sport tourer ( the Tracer does not "touch" me enough) around this wonderful motor i will be back :)

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Shigidar, the Z1000sx is a fantastic bike, Yamaha did build a proper sports tourer long before the SX came on the scene, it was the FZ1 Gen 1 & Gen 2 fazers.
I have had both the Z1000SX and a Gen 2 Fazer, the Fazer build quality is far better than the SX. The SX was a better looking bike but it struggled to hang onto the shirt tails of the Fazer.
Enjoy your SX but come winter time make sure you use plenty of ACF 50 on all the shinny bits.