GoPro problem...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to stop the waterproof case from fogging up in front of the lens

I've tried anti-fog. RainEX etc etc... nothing seems to stop it from happening...

Stripy

Reaction score
I'm not sure its possible to get rid of 100%, as the camera it self generates heat, and as there is no thermal insulation in the housing, there will continuosly be condensation building up, as the wind chill the case, and the camera heats up.
Only time i've been able to do without fogging lens is when the humidity was already pretty low.

Since then i changed to another camera brand, that is weather proof, smaller - and to me most important - stops the rattling mount noise as well :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure its possible to get rid of 100%, as the camera it self generates heat, and as there is no thermal insulation in the housing, there will continuosly be condensation building up, as the wind chill the case, and the camera heats up.
Only time i've been able to do without fogging lens is when the humidity was already pretty low.

Since then i changed to another camera brand, that is weather proof, smaller - and to me most important - stops the rattling mount noise as well :)
This is exactly wot I'm thinking of doing...

Gonna buy a waterproof camera that doesn't need the outer case and yes the rattling from the mount drives me crazy...

Stripy

Reaction score
yes the rattling from the mount drives me crazy...
Hah, yes :)
I hate it now. Music track is needed to come in over, otherwise its on mute all the way.
Been out with my Liquid Image Ego today, which runs very smooth and connects to your smartphone, i will get something uploaded to utub, so you can hear it on an MT-09 :)
Of other cams to recommend is the GoBandit - sadly they have gone out of business, but that records your GPS as well, rubbish interface with phone though

M

MT account

i use an open back gopro case but with a carefully trimmed foam earpiece placed over the openings to try n muffle the wind noise. the foam works ok but it comes from the headphones on a boeing 777 so usually costs £600 to get some :)

...if youre getting 'crunchy noises' from a gopro chesty strap i did a mod on that which stops it.

M

MT account

or fill the spaces round the case with dried rice.........you know when its damp as the video turns white.....

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I use a drift HD ghost, which is completely waterproof. I'd highly recommend it!! Or get some little silica gel sachets?

Cypher

Reaction score
Should've bought a Contour :D I've had mine out in rain loads of times with no case and it still works brilliantly :)

Mitch

Reaction score
What rattling from the mount to you get I don't get anything on mine ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What rattling from the mount to you get I don't get anything on mine ?

Just a very slight rattle where it's not all 100% as tight as it shud be. Gonna look into getting a completely different set up I think.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Should've bought a Contour :D I've had mine out in rain loads of times with no case and it still works brilliantly :)
I have a contour roam2. Totally regret buying it. Their low light capability is totally shitty. Can't even see anything clearly. [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boro

Reaction score
Guys I'm not getting any rattle on my GoPro Hero 3 white very secure, plus never had a fogging issue although I will look into those inserts from ebay that SuperMototBoy mentions.
Downside for me is lack of noise with the waterproof housing on and the wind noise with the open back housing, although I did see that Sena headsets have a GoPro audio back that I might look at Sena GP10 Bluetooth Back For GoPro - RevZilla

Mitch

Reaction score
Just a very slight rattle where it's not all 100% as tight as it shud be. Gonna look into getting a completely different set up I think.

How's yours mounted never had any issues myself .... u got the white rubber In ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How's yours mounted never had any issues myself .... u got the white rubber In ?

Depending on my mood. I either mount it on top or on the side of my helmet. Ooh err Mrs lol

Mitch

Reaction score
I don't get anything once I butt the white rubber In on my helmet , odd that , maybe I need to ride harder

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
Serious question... Why bother filming?
Do you chaps with the cams film all your rides?
Apart from when you first get a new bike and you want to review and share or maybe an odd blast out with mates or a track day, what's the point?