grab rail

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hello everyone , I know that this isn't the most lusted after mod but has anyone fitted a passenger grab rail ? if so where did you get it from and how much ? I have seen one from renntec but it looks pretty shite ( don't they all !!! ) need something to stop the bride flying off the back cheers all

boro

Reaction score
hello everyone , I know that this isn't the most lusted after mod but has anyone fitted a passenger grab rail ? if so where did you get it from and how much ? I have seen one from renntec but it looks pretty shite ( don't they all !!! ) need something to stop the bride flying off the back cheers all
The OEM Yamaha rear carrier has handles built in to the side, you can see it in this pic were the fluting is on the carrier below the rear edge of the seat.

IMG_20140307_165825057.jpg

TommyM

Reaction score
I use the Rentec rail, it works really well and you get used to the looks. It's about £70. I have seen a French company called s2 concept making side handles but very expensive and look abit form over function. I have the Yamaha rack but my pillion lady reckons the handles are imaginary!

Steely

Reaction score
Seeing as this thread is revived, I've seen these grab handles on e-bay...

NEW CNC Rear Passenger Seat Hand Grab Bar Rail for Yamaha MT-09 FZ09 | eBay
CNC Rear Passenger Seat Hand Rail For Yamaha MT-09 MT09 2014-2015 Black | eBay

Cheap Chinese copies of a not cheap Japanese original available through WeBike Japan...
SSK : Grab Bar [RIYA00226]

The Japanese version, you'll be pleased to learn, "eliminates a Tandem of anxiety".

Here's another (curvier) one from Webike Japan...
Dimotiv : Aluminum Billet Grab Bar [D000783-BK]

Last edited: