Great bike but the seat is doing my head in!

mrmortar

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first official post :-D

I'm finding my seat gives me great discomfort once i have been riding for 30-40mins. I put it down to it being too narrow but I guess it could also be related to firmness.

Is there any known resolution to this? (I've read the Yamaha aftermarket comfort version isn't a massive improvement so i'd prefer to hold onto my money than find out its no good).

Cheers

stevecbr

Reaction score
Personally I have no issue with the seat, its much comfier than my R1!
The options are the comfort seat, street rally seat, or get it custom filled with new foam.
I'm sure all would do the job, just depends what you want to spend and what you consider to look good

stevecbr

Reaction score
Personally I have no issue with the seat, its much comfier than my R1!
The options are the comfort seat, street rally seat, or get it custom filled with new foam.
I'm sure all would do the job, just depends what you want to spend and what you consider to look good

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
the seat is fine when I'm riding on me own but as soon as the ball and chain is on the back it becomes a pain after about 70 miles !!

mrmortar

Reaction score
the seat is fine when I'm riding on me own but as soon as the ball and chain is on the back it becomes a pain after about 70 miles !!
lol lol lol lol ( had to put that many 'lol's or else I could not reply)

RatHead

Reaction score
i had the same problem. i started using an Airhawk cushion and that sorted it but i didn't like the way it looked, so in the end i had a custom job done on my seat. i had this done by Seth Laam (find him on google). he spends quite a while asking you about what you find uncomfortable about the seat, takes your weight, inside leg etc and builds the seat. since it was done i have had no problems whatsoever, before i could barely last 30 minutes before i was in agony.

Phlewc

Reaction score
The comfort seat takes a load of miles to break in, but is a big improvement (for us heavier blokes) in the end - I think so at least.

jaf01uk

Reaction score
Mine is the same, I have resorted to wearing cycle shorts with the butt padding under my kevlar jeans, does make a difference.....

derek28862

Reaction score
My street rally seat was a bit uncomfortable but been doing 300-400 miles a day in europe for 8 days