Guy Martin returning to the TT 2017

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Well never say never. Guy has just signed for Honda racing UK teaming up with John McGuinness competing at the NW200 and the TT hopefully they will do the UGP as well.
I really do wish though that Guy had stayed retired . Riders who retire and then come back !!!!!!!!! well I am sure you get my drift. Just look* how that worked out for Ryan Farquhar he is a very lucky man to be still alive.

bumpyride

Reaction score
fingers crossed all goes well for him, hes a crazy all round good bloke, loved watching the 3D dvd closer to the edge, he had been busy doing lots of crazy things, fastest cycle run mental and building and riding a motorcross bike across water ect. dont think theres anything he wouldnt give a go as long a speed is in play. good luck to him. :)

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I think it will be great to see him back at the TT, such a character. I don't actually remember him saying he had retired, but he did seem to have a lot of other stuff on last year. I wish him all the success he deserves, and think it would be great to see him finally get a TT win.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I think he's mad coming back I think it will end in tears,I've read both his books and I think he's a likeable lad but I remember thinking when reading his books that he crashes a lot,i also can't see him winning unless Hutchy,McGinnis or Dunlop break down etc.

Sven

Reaction score
That should be interesting with John McGuinness as a team mate.
After Guy slagged John off in one of his books, for riding at the 2014 TT with an injured wrist. Said that he only turned up for the money & never put the effort in!!! Well Guy, when you've won as many TT's as McGuinness, then you can criticise him!! I hope Guy's not going there only for the money!
I thought he was a really good bloke, then i read his books & ended up thinking he is a tw*t.
So should be very interesting next June...

Last edited:

bumpyride

Reaction score
got sent one of his books for xmas, not had chance to read it yet, will get to it and see if it changes my view. not good if hes slagging of McGuinness

Shaun64

Reaction score
Last week & this weeks mcn are stuffed full of guy martin returning to the IOM there's a few words on John McGuiness and next to nothing on Hutchy & Dunlop for me it should be the other way round.

otaylor38

Reaction score
I think he's mad coming back I think it will end in tears,I've read both his books and I think he's a likeable lad but I remember thinking when reading his books that he crashes a lot,i also can't see him winning unless Hutchy,McGinnis or Dunlop break down etc.

He's had something like 15 podiums hasnt he? , only missed one win because of the 30 sec penalty on the pit lane...

I've no doubt he's got it in him.

I am also concerned about how hard he has to push to get there though. One slip up n its over. Especially with the big man John behind him. That guy can ride...

flydnb

Reaction score
I don't think that he should bother unless he gives it 100 percent, the trouble with him is he doesn't seem to be focused enough on the job compared to the other riders , he has a lot of distractions with TV stuff and his cycling and mechanics .

LewFZ1

Reaction score
There was a link posted on Face book (vid clip) of the two of them at the Honda Britain factory. They were funny taken the piss out of each other. There was a mention by John of Guy slagging him off about 2014, basically they agreed it was water under the bridge. I think it is a cracking signing by Honda UK strong team. I love McGuinness and if the SP 2 Honda is an improvement over the old SP1 he has another win in him. I will also say if Guy gets a sniff at the front he will be hard to beat. I see the main rivals as Hutchy, Hickman, Hillyer , Johnston. Obviously Michael Dunlop but he has ditched the BMW for a new Suzuki so we will see

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Well I see Guy Martin has picked up were he left off with regards his road racing exploits, Guy took a year out from racing after his bad crash at the 2015 Ulster Grand Prix. So today he lined up for the start of the Tandragee 100 in N Ireland

Guy Martin crashes out of Tandragee comeback race, thankfully Guy and Paul Jordan who Guy hit are both uninjured.
Guys NCB must be zero by now.lol

Shaun64

Reaction score
I watched guy crash again last night on itv4 it's good coverage on every night at 9pm,he said he had a box full of neutrals,I think he needs to pack road racing in as he's a crashes to often.they interviewed him he said he was doing 130mph when he came off but it didn't look that fast on his onboard camera he's very lucky to get away with a sprained wrist but he looked really shaken up.