Hand guards

Unfazed

Reaction score
So there I was, quietly filtering through Old St roundabout when I saw a gap, thought it'll get through there (of course it will) and SNAP!

Thought, what the hell was THAT! Anyway, cut a long story short snapped the plastic that holds the deflector on the RHS handlebar. I ordered a new plastic part that holds the painted deflector on (£14, sounds like a bargain?) and took the broken one off.

Thought to myself, wonder if the bike will pull with only the LHS one on the A2. Interesting, there seems to be no difference, and actually, there was less wind pressure on the RHS with no deflector than there was on the LHS.

Anyone else took the deflectors off the handlebars and notice bugger all difference? I'm going to replace the broken one as it makes the look of the bike but....? weird

Unfazed

Reaction score
It was the double decker on the other side I was watching!

Unfazed

Reaction score
New hand guard bracket fitted, back to normal!

(£14 from Yamaha)

MJ09

Reaction score
UK, Midlands between coventry and Birmingham
I Have taken of the handguards and fitted R&G Bar ends, there is another thread on this.

IMHO it looks much better and the view from the saddle also improved. Riding in 10c with heated grips on first setting is fine. I'm not sure that the guards actually do anything and note that Powerbronze (I think) now do BIG replacements.