has anyone cut there exhaust

flydnb

Reaction score
to fit an aftermarket end can ? , I have an akra but I was looking at my standard exhaust the other day and thought why don't I have a choice and put an aftermarket can on my original downpipe.

Reaction score
the answer is yes...

i just did it last weekend. put an M4 exhaust. one tip is just add some more high temp sealant and let it really set before running the engine hard.
and i found it better to run without the baffle until the sealant it set hard.

IMG_20140530_112041.jpg

IMG_20140530_005612.jpg

IMG_20140529_211853.jpg

Twozup

Reaction score
Hey slowrider did you cut the lambda sensor off? What did you do with all the gubbins? Was thinking of going down this route.

Sent from my mind using my fingers

Last edited:
Reaction score
i've done it, really easy if you take your time,i've got the gpr slip on fantastic quality took about an hour to fit.to see finished result look in mods i've got pics in there.mine has no cat bike seems to run better,also yamaha lump of exhaust weighed the best part of 16 pounds!

Reaction score
just had look at fly's can, you can see lambda sensor it's now tucked behind pipe,on gpr can you cut just in front of yamaha box and you leave yamaha lambda where it is,i also did not need to use any kind of sealant gpr pipes fit very well and do not need it i've no leaks you really need to see it to see the quality of fit

marthy

Reaction score
That's what I did. Cut the headers off and built a 3-1 adapter that goes over the headers. Delkevic DS-70 here... that's a keeper. 2 3/4" outlet sound mean! :cool:

20140403_190453.jpg

M

MT account

i cut this GT750 pipe........looks like a fossilised kipper now. i couldnt save it.130.jpg

M

MT account

i saw some MAHOOOOOSIVE cans on t'interweb yesterday and was hoping to get to weigh them on the weekend............she hasnt replied yet........

Twozup

Reaction score
just had look at fly's can, you can see lambda sensor it's now tucked behind pipe

Disagree pug. If that's the lambda on slows pipe (not flys) it's a new length of pipe mate- you can see he's cut the pipe at the 3-1 junction. New mid pipe must have hole for lambda already fitted? Hopefully slow wil be along to confirm. I've seen end can where pipe cut at join at cat but looks like exhaust gasses get by the join BEFORE getting to end can. Maybe just the one I seen on youtoob that was done wrong though?!

Reaction score
it's slows pipe i was looking at sorry not fly's,you can see lambda it's on other side of pipe,if you go on youtube you can see someone fitting it and explaining that the new mid pipe has the hole for lambda on inside of bike as a opposed to yam original on outside.yep you are right about mine though(gpr) the join pipe is sleeved it is a very snug fit and hence the springs to keep it nice and tight,then it is another very snug fit to end can with two more springs,which are really strong and you need to use the tool supplied to fit.

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Being blamed makes me hard , its a self loathing thing.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey slowrider did you cut the lambda sensor off? What did you do with all the gubbins? Was thinking of going down this route.

With the M4 exhaust the CO sensor is located on the other side.
Just a matter of re-routing the wireing.

Cheers

Reaction score

IMG_20140604_110307.jpg

yes... i did. the sensor needs to be attached to the new exhaust.
and as for the stock piece, i'm keeping it for on my shelf. just in case i need it.