Has this ever happened to you

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Has this ever happened to you? This morning I was out having a thrash really enjoying myself. Needed a pee (old age) anyway being in France decided to do what the french do, pulled over and did what I needed to do. Back on the bike and away like a bat out of hell. In A mode and loving it. Closing up on a truck rapidly and just gets past him and the fucker dies on me. Thankfully my slightly, over the national speed limit was enough to keep me out of harms way. I looked at the instrument cluster and nothing. Reached for the ignition key and found it had switched itself off, or rather I had not fully turned it on, diffo an oh fuck moment. Must have been me as it has never happened before and after two more hours did not happen again.:eek:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Thought you meant the truck driver died for a moment :lol

whooshbang

Reaction score
yep! I pulled in to fill up with fuel once and upon leaving the station the bike died on me! thought i'd accidentally put diesel on for a moment until i glanced at the cluster and seen it dead. I hadn't switched the key over fully and it bounced back to 'off'. I always make a point of checking it now.

bobh

Reaction score
I have an Irish mate with a wicked sense of humour. He told me he always checks things like whether the sidestand is properly down twice. When I asked him why he needed to do it twice, he replied "Ah, to be sure, to be sure."

Probably good advice in this case too.

Griff1971

Reaction score
Glad ive read this, don't like where the ignition position is in the first place on the tracer,
but ill be double checking it from now on.