Have fitted a Tutoro chain oiler

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Fitted a Tutoro oiler yesterday. If anyone else is thinking about adding one of these all you need is the basic fitting kit. Do not buy the extra bracketing as it is not needed. Very simple to fit and prime as well. I believe one of the downsides of these is they are temperature sensitive. I have always had Scott Oilers in the past but thought I would give this a try. Currently I am using the remaining Scott oils I have left. I did order the High Temperature oils for when summer returns next year. I live in Spain hence the high temp oil. It was really easy to prime and set up. Still a wee bit of tweaking to do as regards feed rate but not far away nowDSC_0981.jpgDSC_0982.jpg

mrmortar

Reaction score
Nice work - i also have one fitted to my Tracer - works very well.

Tafy94

Reaction score
I don't seem to have much luck with mine, the oil comes out but doesn't seem to make it onto the chain. Where abouts do you have the nozzle?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
DSC_0991.jpg Hope this photo is clear enough to give you an idea. I am really pleased with it as the sprocket is getting oiled right across the teeth. I was nearly going to order the dual nozzle set but it is okay as it is with the single nozzle. I have got the feed rate set now as well, just a slight amount of throw off on to the back wheel and I mean slight. The chain is nice and wet. The throttle valve is only about 1/8th of a turn open. I ride mountain roads a lot fantastic road surfaces but with the occasional bump so my settings may not suit everyone.
Hope you get it sorted Tafy94
Lew, The spatter on the rear wheel is a weeks worth of throw off so I am happy with that. Saturday is bike washing day.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those gouges are from doing and undoing the rear axle nut. The blocks are so soft they mark really easily because the flat part of the spindle doesn't sit flush with it. I had mine changed under warranty then decided to buy some Giles adjusters instead.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446855444.888740.jpg

Locksmith

Reaction score
Cancel that comment, when I replied that diagram was not there!!!!!

So what happens, does the adjuster flange sit in the grooves previously made and so not adjust properly?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cancel that comment, when I replied that diagram was not there!!!!!

So what happens, does the adjuster flange sit in the grooves previously made and so not adjust properly?
The flat part of the axle should sit flush with the adjuster block but they are not machined precisely so move about with the slightest movement of the axle nut when tightening or loosening. They will not sit still no matter how gently or slow you try it so aftermarket adjusters are the only way to stop it looking like a bag of shire.....!

Tafy94

Reaction score
HI, looking at the photo that's where I had mine, I either seem to end up with dry chain or too much fling. At the minute the nozzle has come off and got lost so I'm in two minds whether or not to bother replacing it. As you sound happy I'll get another one.

Thanks for the pic. TT, interesting about the adjuster block too, I'll have to check mine.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Hows that TT?

All those cable ties is a bit messy for me.
All those cable ties ?? can you suggest another way of securing the feed line? I am always open to suggestions. Personally I prefer to ensure my chain is being lubricated. I suppose one could always feed it along the swing arm and drill and fit securing clips. This was fitted this way firstly to see how effective the Tutoro oiler is. I have never done pretty I do do effective. For me a bike is to ride and enjoy. I have looked at the adjusting blocks and really do not see that as a problem just now. I would be surprised if the chain has actually been adjusted yet seeing as the bike had only 875 kms from when I bought it. But when it is due adjusting I will remove the lot and see what can be done, thanks for pointing it out.
Lew

Locksmith

Reaction score
If lubing was that important to me I'd aerosol lube it every ride. But it's not and I don't!
Only lube when I wash the bike. Don't do enough miles to wear a chain out anyway lol

drumwrecker

Reaction score
I used to grease my TDM900A chain more or less every other time I went out (120-170 miles) but sold it and added a VFR VTEC with a Tutoro and found it great. It uses little oil and works well as long as the reservoir is not over filled.
Also have a K1300s so nothing to do other than change the oil in the shaft drive. Mind you if that went wrong there is more expense than chain and sprockets.
I really fancied the Tracer to replace the K13s but am starting to think I will stay with the BMW. We will see.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
After running with the Tutoro oiler now for over a month, I have tidied up the cable ties and the feed line run a bit, I am well pleased with this oiler, excellent bit of kitDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpg