headlamps

M

MT account

now heres a thing thats bugging me. does your headlamp shine down on the road where you want it or does it shine half way up road signs and annoy on coming drivers? both mine are doing this and its worse when theres a passenger on the back. its not much better when riding solo . ive never had to adjust a headlamp before but ill do this 1 n see if its better. it just looks like a very poor beam pattern tho....

Reaction score
now heres a thing thats bugging me. does your headlamp shine down on the road where you want it or does it shine half way up road signs and annoy on coming drivers? both mine are doing this and its worse when theres a passenger on the back. its not much better when riding solo . ive never had to adjust a headlamp before but ill do this 1 n see if its better. it just looks like a very poor beam pattern tho....

yeh with an led headlight, its even more pronounced. have the bike 5 meters away from a wall and measure the cut off of the light beam, should be below the height of the globe in housing. mine was high so I adjusted it. turn bike steering to the right so you can access the screw and use a screwdriver to adjust the angle with the screw thats half way down housing on the clutch side. not sure if its anti- clockwise or clockwise but easy to workout. pretty easy, much more light where you need it and not annoying motorists. its a must do if u change the headlight from stock

Attachments

• 3591d1395433533t-headlight-adjust-headlight-adjuster.jpg
    3591d1395433533t-headlight-adjust-headlight-adjuster.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 180

My Toy

Reaction score
If I ever go out at night on it I'll let you know but from what I've seen of the reflection on road signs my headlight is also set too high. The upside is it should be getting the attention of other drivers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

MT account

so theyre all a bit high then? ive never had to adjust a headlamp before as theyre usually fine from the factory. ill have a tamper later on.......cheers

Reaction score
If I ever go out at night on it I'll let you know but from what I've seen of the reflection on road signs my headlight is also set too high. The upside is it should be getting the attention of other drivers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It won't be too high, it'll be the sag on the rear shock pointed you skywards (unless you are only eight stone in weight).

I had two 1050 Sprints that were so poorly set up it was unbelievable. Low and kerbside from the factory, both were out the same amount. Crap Triumph service again.

marthy

Reaction score

Depend how much throttle I use. :)

M

MT account

It won't be too high, it'll be the sag on the rear shock pointed you skywards (unless you are only eight stone in weight).

I had two 1050 Sprints that were so poorly set up it was unbelievable. Low and kerbside from the factory, both were out the same amount. Crap Triumph service again.
id go for the sag too as its pretty *saggy* back there. i wound the reflector in about 5-8mm tonight so ill see what thats like later.....

Reaction score
My MT was pointing high I adjusted lower and now its perfect, I questioned my dealer and he gave me a load of BS so I just put it how it should be, main beam was more search light than anything else.

M

MT account

My MT was pointing high I adjusted lower and now its perfect, I questioned my dealer and he gave me a load of BS so I just put it how it should be, main beam was more search light than anything else.
maybe they got a sumo in the factory that sits on the bike while setting the headlamp aim?