Heat wrapping front pipes?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Anyone see any reason that I shouldn't heat wrap the front pipes on my Akrapovic? As they are quite exposed it might offer some protection and wouldn't look too bad in black IMO.

Twozup

Reaction score
I think you'd lose a little something aesthetically Rip? Those bandages are horrible IMO and I dunno but I like seeing the blue-ing of steel pipes and a little discolouration isn't going to detract.
I wouldn't mate but you aren't doing it for me or anyone else buddy if you want it and like the look of it that's all that matters!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

RipGroove

Reaction score
I think you'd lose a little something aesthetically Rip? Those bandages are horrible IMO and I dunno but I like seeing the blue-ing of steel pipes and a little discolouration isn't going to detract.
I wouldn't mate but you aren't doing it for me or anyone else buddy if you want it and like the look of it that's all that matters!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
Yeah I can see where you're coming from wih regards to looks, wouldn't do any mechanical damage though?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dunno but I like seeing the blue-ing of steel pipes and a little discolouration isn't going to detract.

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
Mine were glowing red when I got off it on Sunday afternoon lol.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Twozup

Reaction score
Yeah I can see where you're coming from wih regards to looks, wouldn't do any mechanical damage though?
No - apparently from what little I know it does more good?

Prob nothing we'd notice but see them on race bikes all the time

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

RipGroove

Reaction score
I see alot of people complaining about being up on the tank but with where the footrests are I can't really get comfortable anywhere other than up on the tank, so where do you lot sit then?

Twozup

Reaction score
I see alot of people complaining about being up on the tank but with where the footrests are I can't really get comfortable anywhere other than up on the tank, so where do you lot sit then?
I was alluding to Trips nads glowing red- as per his previous post haha.
There's a full thread on here somewhere Rip that goes into a bit of depth about the seat- personally I've never had any issues but those darn sarf seem to be quite soft in the seating dept!!!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

RipGroove

Reaction score
I was alluding to Trips nads glowing red- as per his previous post haha.
There's a full thread on here somewhere Rip that goes into a bit of depth about the seat- personally I've never had any issues but those darn sarf seem to be quite soft in the seating dept!!!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
Yeah I'll have a poke around then, I'm quite happy up by the tank as I've had Supermotos in the past so its second nature for me but I see alot of people complaining about the did in the seat pushing them up to the tank.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Wrapping?? What do you mean? Never heard of it.
I dont like the headers. Could have been better

Chris West

Reaction score
Yeh Id love to see a wee bit of dirt bike grunge appiled
Have to admit mine are a wee bit on the rusty side, they are a pig to clean

flydnb

Reaction score
Yeah I'll have a poke around then, I'm quite happy up by the tank as I've had Supermotos in the past so its second nature for me but I see alot of people complaining about the did in the seat pushing them up to the tank.
same for me rip, im very comfortable with the position on the bike, ive had loads of trail/enduro and motocross bikes the position feels totally natural to me.

Twozup

Reaction score
same for me rip, im very comfortable with the position on the bike, ive had loads of trail/enduro and motocross bikes the position feels totally natural to me.
I think that's how this bike needs to be cornered- for me that's where I feel there's a sweet spot mid corner. Supermotard Stylee.

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do love how the bike comes out of corners...! Pointing skyward usually lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

flydnb

Reaction score
its an odd one I can corner the bike sports style and supermotard stylee its that versatile, the more you ride the mt the more you realise how bloody good it is .