hello everyone

razz

Reaction score
hello there , i`m razz from sunny n hot norfolk , been riding for 37 years , have ridden a lot of bikes , have crashed many too .but today i have got on demo for a couple of days a mt-09 from my local toy shop , shes fitted wih a akrapovic system which sounds awesome , well the good news is , in a few weeks i`ll be doing my best to get a race blue mt , can`t wait :) my current fz8 is good , but the mt is better , one question though , will we be able to ditch the speed limiter ?

looking forward to chatting loads :)

razz

Birdy

Reaction score
Hi razz. Sounds like you been riding a while like me, no spring chickens ! lol .... dont need to ditch the limiter, our necks couldnt take it !;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi razz. Sounds like you been riding a while like me, no spring chickens ! lol .... dont need to ditch the limiter, our necks couldnt take it !;)
I'm with Birdy on this. 140 on the MT is neck breaking lol

M

MT account

yeah razz, 2 DAYS on a demo bike? i must visit that shop some weekend.........140mph? thats 225kph on my clock.......in a t shirt n pants.... nah! ill pass on that!

razz

Reaction score
cheers dudes , i`m 43 n loving this bike :) filled it up twice already :cool:

Hi and welcome, also from Norfolk. Is that the Tinklers purple demo bike with the Akra?

most certainly is , its quite beaten up ain`t it

razz

Reaction score
you reallly can`t fault it can ya , i`ve commuted twice , rucksack n huge coat , then a quickie in my nice gear , i`ve tweaked the suspension for tomorrows blast , was a bit bouncie when the going gets tough , but still far better than my fz8

stevecbr

Reaction score
Yep, their purple demo has been crashed twice. Once outside their North Walsham shop, and again at the tesco roundabout in Dereham.
Take care on your test ride, I nearly flipped the thing between East Harling & Garboldisham on my test ride!
Theres a fair bit about suspension on this site, but generally speaking firm everything up. 1 or 2 rings on front preload, front rebound 1 turn out from full in.
Rear preload 5 or 6, again rebound 1 turn out from full in.
Enjoy yourself, and let us know how you get on

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, their purple demo has been crashed twice. Once outside their North Walsham shop, and again at the tesco roundabout in Dereham.
Take care on your test ride, I nearly flipped the thing between East Harling & Garboldisham on my test ride!
Theres a fair bit about suspension on this site, but generally speaking firm everything up. 1 or 2 rings on front preload, front rebound 1 turn out from full in.
I agree. Had that set up since day one and it's just rite for me and my style of riding.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

razz

Reaction score
morning :) just been out for a quick 50 mile ride , bit blooming cold though . i have got 3 of the big rings showing at the frt , 1 on the little screw , the rear is on 6 i think n rebound 1 turn out , its tons tons better . in my opinion , std mode , for progressive B road enjoyment is more than ok , A mode on B roads , i find you spend more time trying not to end up in a field , although on A roads in A mode :) lovely , although its very on/off . B mode thru villages is spot on . bumped into an old appentice of mine n his near 500bhp rs focus , that very quick indeed and sounds awesome , so enjoyed a blast with him along the watton road . used STD mode as it was easier to stay in control . as soon as the money arrives in my bank , i will buy one , with tail tidy , flyscreen n pipe , i will also take my first trip into using a power commander , to work on the A mode , oh and i`ll fit some bridgestone T30 tyres , i`ve used them on my fz8 since last september , rode through winter , no snow but some very cold early mornings , they in my opinion again , are spot on for me . hope to meet you one day steve .

razz ( ady )

stevecbr

Reaction score
I'm often about ady, Watton Rd one of my favourites!
Adam in Tinklers is looking into flashing the ECU's, and hopefully sorting the snatchy throttle.
Never tried the new T30's, was gonna replace my S20 with either the BT023's or T30's, depends on what price HMT will do them for.
I think a touring tyre will make it even better

razz

Reaction score
boo hoo, i take the mt back in the morning :( adam is looking forward to hearing my thoughts on the bike . so will have a long chat , especially regarding the flash . i`ve always liked the feel of bridgestones , the pirellis i tried on the fz8 before the T30 fitment , where brilliant for 1 day of the summer we get , but from sept thru to march , they were useless , bloody lethal when the weather was poor , so slung them T30`s on and it transformed the fz8 . i have used HMT several times , i like the ride in/out service , and he`s always been able to do a very good price , and you get to meet some great people in the waiting room :) now regarding me getting an MT , i signed my house sale contract last week , as soon as its sold n the money is in , i`ll be straight into tinklers :) as for the colour , i like them all , i actually like the blazing orange , the more i look at it . insurance is a massive 85 quid , fully comp , protected , that be a massive 15 quid more than my fz8 :cool: what colour do you ride steve ?