Hello from the Midlands of England

Cobweb

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I picked up my new MT09 in Deep Armour from Tamworth Yamaha yesterday and after 200 miles of smiles I've decided this is definitely the bike for me. This is only my 3rd Yam since passing my test back in 1969 (yes I am that old) and after spending the last 8 years riding BMW's at last I've found a bike with some character and a definite WOW factor. It's fast for it's class, tips into corners like a sports bike, has more than enough braking power and the suspension is passable. Ok the throttle is a bit sharp and snatches at at low revs around town but I'll get the hang of it although I need to do something about that seat because I'm sure it's made of wood.

M

MT account

Hello everyone. I picked up my new MT09 in Deep Armour from Tamworth Yamaha yesterday and after 200 miles of smiles I've decided this is definitely the bike for me. This is only my 3rd Yam since passing my test back in 1969 (yes I am that old) and after spending the last 8 years riding BMW's at last I've found a bike with some character and a definite WOW factor. It's fast for it's class, tips into corners like a sports bike, has more than enough braking power and the suspension is passable. Ok the throttle is a bit sharp and snatches at at low revs around town but I'll get the hang of it although I need to do something about that seat because I'm sure it's made of wood.
lol! i think you nailed it in 1 there! have a look in the street rally thread, TT has got a bulk buy on the rally flatter seat which is a bit softer on the butt......and @ £85 theyre a good deal.

Spot

Reaction score
I need to do something about that seat because I'm sure it's made of wood.
Welcome aboard!
I got my seat re-shaped and had gel inserts put in which is a big comfort improvement. Got it done in Coventry at CM Seats which may be vaguely close to you if you don't want to go down the Rally route.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Cob by the way. Close the door, pull up a seat and enjoy the forum [emoji6]

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!