Help needed - Do the MT 07 seats fit the MT 09 ??

Yamahayzr500

Reaction score
I would like to hear if anyone has fixed the awful yamaha standard seat with out buying the comfort version ???
I have owned over 50 yamaha's and over 100 bikes in my time, yes I am old, but I am commuting 500 miles a week and the seat is absolutely terrible.
Yes it's like a plank but thats not my main problem. it's the fact that the seat is NOT flat it actually slopes up at the back. Which makes it even more uncomfortable

The MT 07 set up seems much better, separate rider and pillion seats, does anyone know if these seats will fit MT 09 ??

Cheers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to hear if anyone has fixed the awful yamaha standard seat with out buying the comfort version ???
I have owned over 50 yamaha's and over 100 bikes in my time, yes I am old, but I am commuting 500 miles a week and the seat is absolutely terrible.
Yes it's like a plank but thats not my main problem. it's the fact that the seat is NOT flat it actually slopes up at the back. Which makes it even more uncomfortable

The MT 07 set up seems much better, separate rider and pillion seats, does anyone know if these seats will fit MT 09 ??

Cheers
I'm afraid they don't as the subframe is slightly different in shape and length which in turn means the seats are not interchangeable

M

MT account

and if you dont like the standard plank then the street rally plank wont please you much either! the bloody density of the foam is the same as a breezeblock. im working on a solution but wont be before xmas.

Mitch

Reaction score
U can get them re aplostered and I belive is the cheapest way of doing it