help please, HPI check

M

MT account

i would appreciate help here as im selling my street. a 'chancer' has contacted me after the auction end and wants the bike (so say). hes offering shit money but i need to move it as contrary to popular misconceptions i am not made of money :(
so this guy has weedled the address out of me (i gave it slightly wrong) has got the reg and is supposed to be coming friday. now hes wanting the vin number, the document number and the document issue date.
i hpi'd my MT last week and got a report just off the reg number and nowt else. is this guy trying it on or just an overcautious anorak?
your input appreciated as i dont want to lose a possible sale, whats the the worst that can happen? being cloned? ill remove it from the storage address and put it back in the mancave for security.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
It sounds proper dodgy to me, I advise extreme caution, sounds like perhaps he is priming up for a clone job or thieving your bike or something. I don't like the sound of it.

Martin p

Reaction score
Far too many questions, i have sold loads of bikes and never been asked all those questions, be very careful!!!!

M

MT account

thanks for the input................anyone want a nice street triple? :)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I'd ask the same questions too if buying unknown. Sounds like a clued up geezer thats all. Hold off on document number and info off log book but offer him use of your computer when he comes to look at it. I've had just the same from hunters in the past.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

W8ENN

Reaction score
When I've hpi'd bikes and cars in the uk they've asked for those details. Be cautious but I think it's usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8ENN

Reaction score
It's for hpi's guarantee if memory serves me correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sod that. Flog it to mark..! At least u know it's not gonna go the way of the pear lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

M

MT account

Sod that. Flog it to mark..! At least u know it's not gonna go the way of the pear lol

well i would if he pays a good price for it! the geezer hasnt come back to me but hes a right anorak on the phone......i expect hes loaded n all but wants everything for free, he was saying theres a cheaper bike up in scotland but its too far to drive..................
so put yer hand in yer pocket n buy mine then!................sorry, i have ebay rage today....

M

MT account

ok, last update-i gave him every detail off the V5 and the knobhead is telling me hpi dont recognise the V5...........ive rechecked everything and had the bike from new. why do i always get the dickheads? why cant joe normal just rock up and hand me some cash, smile and ride off into the sunset FFS?

dickhead no.2 is due on saturday for me CBX. that bike attracts more tossers than an essex tart in a fiesta in epping forrest...............i need a beer...

M

MT account

RIGHT,LAST POST. 10pm tonight the dickhead rings back up after beating the price down to £500 less than book, demanding every number on the bike and V5 and demanding the exact address and tells me that a number on the top right corner of the V5 is wrong.
apparently some V5's got stolen so hes cancelled the sale cos even though the bike checks out ok and that ive had it from new he says the V5 is suspect :confused:

if i had his address id ride the fucking bike up there tomorrow and drop the cunt on his fucking ass.........TWAT.
.....never got that beer.....:mad:

MT-Pete

Reaction score
RIGHT,LAST POST. 10pm tonight the dickhead rings back up after beating the price down to £500 less than book, demanding every number on the bike and V5 and demanding the exact address and tells me that a number on the top right corner of the V5 is wrong.
apparently some V5's got stolen so hes cancelled the sale cos even though the bike checks out ok and that ive had it from new he says the V5 is suspect :confused:

if i had his address id ride the fucking bike up there tomorrow and drop the cunt on his fucking ass.........TWAT.
.....never got that beer.....:mad:
I'd be a bit concerned that he's got all the info out of you, now claims something on the log book is wrong. Last time I did a HPI check, the only info required was the reg no.
If I were you, I'd find somewhere else to store it for a while & flog it to someone normal - whatever the f*ck that is!
Good luck mate.

M

MT account

I'd be a bit concerned that he's got all the info out of you, now claims something on the log book is wrong. Last time I did a HPI check, the only info required was the reg no.
If I were you, I'd find somewhere else to store it for a while & flog it to someone normal - whatever the f*ck that is!
Good luck mate.
yep im on that already, the bloke sounded like a right gimp on the phone anyway......got another 1 coming sat. for the cbx. im sure he will turn it down cos it hasnt got genuine japanese air in the tyres..............

stevecbr

Reaction score
Have you tried your local dealers? If your willing to take £500 less than book price, maybe the easiest, less hassle way is sell to dealer, maybe come to some deal where the bikes goes for slightly less than you'd like, but he knocks some cash of for something you want in his shop, ie lid, jacker etc?

M

MT account

Have you tried your local dealers? If your willing to take £500 less than book price, maybe the easiest, less hassle way is sell to dealer, maybe come to some deal where the bikes goes for slightly less than you'd like, but he knocks some cash of for something you want in his shop, ie lid, jacker etc?
its an idea mate, ill give it another try first cos im all jacketed out at the mo.........could do with another pipe for the MT tho...........TT?......

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its an idea mate, ill give it another try first cos im all jacketed out at the mo.........could do with another pipe for the MT tho...........TT?......
Lol. U can buy my TWO Brothers if u like. Thought u were all spent tho lol