Hi again from Newcastle upon Tyne

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Despite my resolve in my previous post I've just been in to Ian Bell Motorcycles and ordered a race blu MT09 and am picking it up on Saturday. The bike is being fitted with the Yamaha screen, Yamaha tank guard and a pair of Oxford heated grips at no extra cost so I am very pleased.
I sold my pop-up Katana last week and of course the money has been burning a hole in my pocket.

Alan

Stripy

Reaction score
I sold my pop-up Katana last week and of course the money has been burning a hole in my pocket.
Any money left, so you can buy a new jacket - it would be damned if you lost your keys because of that hole... ;)

Joke aside - good on you, the Race Blu is the way forward they say (me) :)
Saturday looks like the best weather too, so have a wonderful and fantastic day on the new toy!

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I was tempted with the orange colour, I like a bit of bling and the gold forks look great. The Racing Blu looks very classy and I like the blue graphics and blue wheels.
The weather in the North East is not looking so good at the moment so fingers crossed for an improvement.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Picked the bike up today from Ian Bell, roads a bit greasy in the North East so it was a sedate ride over on the CB1000R to trade it in and a sedate ride back on the MT09 in B mode, very smooth. MCN are talking bollocks.

Last edited:

watto

Reaction score
Watto

Is that a "Geordie" down under ?
It is mate I'm looking to test ride a bike next week and then purchase an MT-09 so any feed back would be welcome. I originally wanted an Orange one but after seeing the Matt Grey I think I'll go for that. Seeing the blue wheels in your pic looks great too

BTW ex Blaydon / Winlaton boy :)

KatanaAl

Reaction score
The blue wheels sold the bike to me although I do like gold forks. I traded a Honda CB1000R tricolour in for the MT, I was totally hooked after the test ride. Rode from Ian Bell's in Bedlington Station around Rothbury and back through Belsay. The bike was fantastic, used it in the A mode all the time, apart from leaving the showroom. I love the instant drive you get in all gears at virtually any revs, the engine is absolutely amazing, it's a proper bike for the roads. You probably need a little bit of caution at first as the throttle response is instant and very aggressive, the bike wants to wheelie as soon as you pull away and I'm sure will high side you if you give it too much coming out of a corner. For me it is what motorcycling is all about, pure fun.
However I don't think it would be a great first big bike, it can seriously catch you out when you open the throttle.
I'm from Gateshead originally and am moving to Chopwell in a few weeks time, just up the road from Winlaton / Blaydon. The weather in the North East and the UK in general is pretty shite at the moment with strong winds and rain, not really good biking weather at all.

watto

Reaction score
How's the bike going katana al still enjoying it
If your up in chop well now and it's spring you have a good starting point for some great rides