Hi Everybody - another new member

dmb999

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello.

I've been interested in the MT-09 ever since it was first revealed in MCN and have been lurking in the background following the threads on this forum and a couple of others over the past few months.

Eagerly awaited its arrival at my local dealer (Padgetts, Batley) and put a deposit down on the ABS version - I'm going to wait until March and the '14 plate. Don't have to choose colour yet but am favouring Race Blu !

Already have a wish list from Santa and wondered if anyone shared my views -

Exhaust - love the look of the Akrapovic but can't justify the price, going to wait for alternatives.
Tail tidy - favouring R&G from what I've seen so far.
LED indicators - probably official Yamaha unless anyone can anyone recommend others ?
Yamaha mesh intake covers.
Yamaha radiator side covers.
Seat Cover/Cowl - not that keen on the official version. Seen one from Ermax but not sure on quality/fit - will wait.
Yamaha Tank Pad
Fly Screen - waiting to see if some alternatives to official Yamaha arrive by March.
R&G Aero & fork protectors

Already ordered some CRG short levers with blue clickers so am committed to the Blu.

That's about it, bye for now,

Marcus

rob5006

Reaction score
Hi Marcus. You will love this bike. Stay away from the chain adjuster. It might look pretty but its not very practicle. I had mine fitted and then taken off. The standard adjuster is engraved with the notches and doesnt need a stick-on scale notch. Mine has been returned to Yamaha as a complaint via SMC.-watch this space!
Good luck with the bike.-it can shift ! (in any mode)
A fine piece of engineering !

pipski99

Reaction score
Hi Marcus, I was at Padgetts Yam in Batley on Thursday looking at the MT but ended up buying mine from Colin Appleyard in Keighley. Will have to keep an eye on your progress in a few months when the ABS models come out, then keep an eye out for you out on the road.