Hi from an OF

Stealth

Reaction score
Been riding for what seems a long time. Road, off-road and dual. Currently main ride is a Gen II Hayabusa, but currently looking for a good commuter with attitude. Hence I came here.....

So is the -09 a good commuter with attitude?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of god yeah. It's got more attitude than a hormonal teenager who has just been dumped by the school hot chick...! It glides thru the traffic with ease and can tear up the tarmac at the flick if the wrist.

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
Hi Stealth, welcome here.

The MT sounds like what you could be looking for, have you had a test ride yet?
If not, make sure you get one!

julianziggy

Reaction score
the perfect commuter i reckon

i use it for 45 min return trip everyday to uni and its awesome fun

Stealth

Reaction score
Hi Stealth, welcome here.

The MT sounds like what you could be looking for, have you had a test ride yet?
If not, make sure you get one!
Weather hasn't been kind on days I've been free. Riding in the high thirties centigrade isn't my idea of fun. Not as bad as riding in rain and ice though......

Stealth

Reaction score
the perfect commuter i reckon

i use it for 45 min return trip everyday to uni and its awesome fun
I came up behind a girl on a cruiser clone the other day, the handlebars were wide and the grips were just at the height of most cages mirrors. Luckily a big gap popped up and let me get past.

The 'busa is fine, but more upright will give me a better view and at 75 kgs less the MT will make it a bit easier manoeuvering easier too. If it wasn't for rego and insurance costs I'd definitely have both.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
The MT-09 is great for commuting. I use it through London every day. Light, comfortable and manoeuvrable. The only down side is it wheelies very easily……..which is great fun but generally frowned upon by the Police :)

Cypher

Reaction score
Same as [MENTION=274]crotchrocket[/MENTION], I commute through London every single day and I think it's almost a perfect bike for that. The turn radius could be a bit smaller to zigzag through cars but overall I usually get to the front of the queue no problem. It's rather narrow too and its mirrors are below all the van mirrors which is helpful :)

Plenty of power to take off the line too and keeps up with litre bikes no problem. Almost :)