Hi from Perth, Aus

n8balls

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently picked up an orange MT and I'm really liking it. I have owned several bikes but this is my first ever new bike,

I also have a Yamaha SR500 and a FZX750 project bike. I owned a XS750 triple a few years ago too.

Sorry if the pic is a bit blurry, my camera got misted up from the excitement.

cheers, n8

20140415_173533.jpg

Schultzy

Reaction score
Welcome mate - good to see another MT09 on the road around here, theres a few around this city now!

sporti

Reaction score
Welcome mate, there are plenty of rides setup for the Perth guys, keep an eye out.

Where abouts are you based?

Birdy

Reaction score
Welcome mate. What your plans for the FZX .... owned one of them about 10 years back , loved it to bits ! Allways prowling the bay for one , but they either immaculate with price to match, or old shonkers ! Still got the knackered rear air shocks in the shed... god knows why !

n8balls

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm located just south of the city in Como.

As for the FZX I'm just trying to get it back on the road at this stage. I bought it after being dropped and stored in a shed for a few years. With any luck I should be able to get it running tonight. Once I get it on the road, the next thing will be to make it louder, faster and maybe reduce the chrome ratio to something less offensive :)

cheers, n8

Rekt

Reaction score
Hey N8,

Welcome to the forum and MT09. Where did you get yours from? What mods you got planned?
Get onto the ECU flash its game changing.

See you on the roads!

n8balls

Reaction score
I picked mine up at Five Star yamaha, the guys there seemed alright for salesmen

As far as mods go, I've got nothing planned at this stage. Maybe a pipe and tail tidy at some point.

What's the deal with ECU reflash? Is that basically just loading a new fuelling map? Some guys in Perth said it's about about $500 so I'm a bit confused as to what what they actually do for that money...

sporti

Reaction score
I picked mine up at Five Star yamaha, the guys there seemed alright for salesmen

As far as mods go, I've got nothing planned at this stage. Maybe a pipe and tail tidy at some point.

What's the deal with ECU reflash? Is that basically just loading a new fuelling map? Some guys in Perth said it's about about $500 so I'm a bit confused as to what what they actually do for that money...
Go to www.ecuwest.com.au & look at the FAQ section. It's all in there.

It'll also be one of the best lots of $500 you send on this bike :)