Hi Guys KTM SDR to MT-09

marksim

Reaction score
Hi everybody just come from a KTM SDR to a MT-09 .
Moved to the Sit ups after years with the 1000cc sportsbikes and wished id done it earlier.
Never had a Triple before and for road riding its the dogs.
To be honest thought coming from the SDR to the MT would be abit lame but after some mods its both quicker and more fun.
Love it to bits and looking forward to spending time with you guys disgusing these amazing bikes.
Cheers

marksim

Reaction score
Cheers guys its Deep Armor,
its already got the Carbon Akra system,screen,seat cover,adjustable levers,chain guard,tailtidy,crash bungs,keyless fuel cap,
rad guards,BMC filter,.
Some of these were already on it and ive got the rest.
Got my suspension on order Ohlins rear and Andreani front cartridges and also looking at flashing the ECU.
Ive decided to leave the front brakes until the suspension is done as theres far too much dive at the mo.
I tend to fit a Brembo master cylinder to my bikes but will wait and see.
Looking through some of your posts there seems to be plenty on here who know their stuff and ya all seem a helpfull bunch.
Anyway cheers again to the welcome.

Chris West

Reaction score
Sounds good Marxism, and welcome.
Looking forward to hearing how your sus' upgrades go

marksim

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, any photos to post?
I love the look of the carbon Akra
What tyres are you running?
Its in bits at the mo as im waiting for my new shock and forks to come back.
Am thinking of getting my hugger,rear panels and passenger seat cover sprayed Deep[ Armor then along with front mudguard getting the strips put on them as to match my tank.
What do ya think.
Am also waiting for Simon to contact me regarding Re-Flash
Ive also got some 2nd hand Gilles rear sets,to be honest im funding all these extras with the money ive got from selling all my goodies off my KTM SDR
For some reason im getting more than i payed for some of them and i got them a few years ago.

Regarding tyres its got Sportsmarts on,and yes i like the Carbon best,it came with the Titainuim system but my mate bought the carbon and i swopped.

Last edited:

fizzy

Reaction score
Its in bits at the mo as im waiting for my new shock and forks to come back.
Am thinking of getting my hugger,rear panels and passenger seat cover sprayed Deep[ Armor then along with front mudguard getting the strips put on them as to match my tank.
What do ya think.
Am also waiting for Simon to contact me regarding Re-Flash
Ive also got some 2nd hand Gilles rear sets,to be honest im funding all these extras with the money ive got from selling all my goodies off my KTM SDR
For some reason im getting more than i payed for some of them and i got them a few years ago.

Regarding tyres its got Sportsmarts on,and yes i like the Carbon best,it came with the Titainuim system but my mate bought the carbon and i swopped.
Hi mate and welcome , the best mod you can do is the reflash it really does make a top bike even better

marksim

Reaction score
Regarding Re Flash please tell me i wont lose any low down torque i did loads to my KTM SDR and ended up over 130BHP but i lost power low down
it was better for the track but not as much fun on the road.
Whilst its stripped down i couldnt help noticing how thin everything is,i know its all to do with saving weight but was suprised how light the front is and the swinging arm looks so weak with the alloy plate
fixed on the inside.
I thought about getting a 675 Triumph for the track but decided on an R6 in the end cos i know it wont bend and smash to bits everytime i av an off
Anyway think the bike is brill and puts a smile on my face just like my RD400F does everytime i ride it.

flydnb

Reaction score
Regarding Re Flash please tell me i wont lose any low down torque i did loads to my KTM SDR and ended up over 130BHP but i lost power low down
Whilst its stripped down i couldnt help noticing how thin everything is,i know its all to do with saving weight but was suprised how light the front is and the swinging arm looks so weak with the alloy plate
fixed on the inside.
I thought about getting a 675 Triumph for the track but decided on an R6 in the end cos i know it wont bend and smash to bits everytime i av an off
Anyway think the bike is brill and puts a smile on my face just like my RD400F does everytime i ride it.
The MT is actually a tough little bike , its light yes but its strong, plenty of stunt guys use them , its the way things are manufactured nowadays , my main gripes with the bike are the chain adjuster blocks are shit and next on my mod list and the suspension when pushed is pretty crap to much fork dive and bouncy bouncy on the back, as far as the reflash goes I haven't had the official one as I don't have a problem with the throttle snatch that some people have had, and I am going to look into the unofficial one but like you I don't want to loose the bottom end either.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can promise u this...! There is no loss "anywhere" in power with the re-flash. Have a look at my "aftermarket ecu flash" there's some dyno charts on there to prove it

fizzy

Reaction score
20140905_201216.jpg
no loss of anything just more of it;) going to re badge mine as a LC 850:cool:

fizzy

Reaction score
fixed on the inside.
20140929_214627.jpg
This is what Simon can do the guy really knows his stuff there's no loss of anything just gains to be had :cool:

marksim

Reaction score
I can promise u this...! There is no loss "anywhere" in power with the re-flash. Have a look at my "aftermarket ecu flash" there's some dyno charts on there to prove it
Thanks ive spoken to Simon and he has confirmed this so all good and looking forward to it.
Sending it tomoz but must admit ill be glad to get it back.
after he told me what it would cost to re place hope the post dont lose it.
To be honest i send stuff all over the world and never had any bother "shouldnt of said that"
Sent my forks off today and hoping to take some plastic stuff for spraying at weekend so wont be riding it for a while
Still cant believe how light this bike is and saw the inside of frame today and its just like the swingarm.Must be just me been used to solid things,except women of course.
Anyway as said by flydnb there obviously ok or they wouldnt be used by the stunt guys

marksim

Reaction score
WOW Fizzy
thats awesome,we must of been posting at the same time anyway the Dogs Bollocks Cheers

marksim

Reaction score
Haha thats Nuts
Typical Aussie LOL
and there i am worried about its build strength