Hi, newbie from Scotland

Davy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My names Dave and I'm an alcho... o wait I mean I am the proud owner of a 2014 MT-09

Old enough to have grankids and I'm afraid to say it but the MT-09 is my first bike, well apart from an old Honda cb100 (no laughing) I had in my teens, 30ish years ago.

I've had her about 3 months now and love her to bits. First 600 miles in B-mode and been in A-mode ever since..what the hell is Standard mode for..

She has a MRA screen, which may get replaced with something a bit smaller, some crash thingies and a stainless steel R&G radiator protector which is definitely coming off or getting painted black as I've decided I don't like it.

A pic

10544.jpg

I've already got some great info reading this forum and hope to contribute some in the future.

Cheers

Davy

Last edited:

Davy

Reaction score
It's at St Fillans and that's Loch Earn, beautiful place :)

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Pretty new myself and just had the 09 around 4 months now. I am on the east side of Scotland in Fife.
I actually like the look of the screen you have fitted to the bike. I have the Yamaha fly screen but being 6'2" its pretty useless at wind protection, but I got it as a freebie with the bike, so shouldn't complain.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi Davy... Welcome, I too seem older than many on here... But that really doesn't matter, I hadn't ridden for 19 yrs, took 09 out, paid deposit, week later..... Enough said...

I went for a Dark Smoke Puig screen, but yours is larger and I imagine better for nice long rides... That scenery looks fab, i regularly bugger off the Wales, Shrewsbury, Shropshire.... Nice country roads... Plenty of biker cafés... Usually end up in Llandrindod Wells to grab a burger and chips.

Anything to get away from city traffic...

Enjoy it... Ride safe!

Davy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

LOZ, Smurf, the screen is very good. I usually just need to adjust it up 1 notch for a little more comfort, I'm only 5'8" though. Adjusted to it's full height is good on long runs, it does tend to make the right wrist turn a bit more though ;)
Looking at the smaller Puig or Ermax screen to keep the bugs off the instruments and swap with the MRA when I'm going on longer runs.

Davy

mirdif64

Reaction score
Welcome aboard mate.
You must be noticing a big change in bikes from your Honda days lol

Davy

Reaction score
I used to love my wee Honda...it was never the same after I tried to cross a railway line and ripped the sump plug off the bottom despite my old man replacing the casing, so he insured me for his Lancia Beta Coupe, that was the end of my biking days much to the relief of my mum lol

mirdif64

Reaction score
That really puts it in perspective. Long time since any Lancia Beta spotted on the road.
Great cars mind (apart from rusting from day one) A workmate used to have a lovely HPE version.

Davy

Reaction score
Wonderful car, the interior was amazing, two tone front bucket seats, wrap round rear, the seat belts were a work of art..DOHC engine..christ what memories. Then I went and bought a mini lol and a long love affair with 4 wheels had begun.. But you're right Lancias back then, as with most cars in that era just rusted away as soon as they came out the paint shop.

Osprio

Reaction score
Greetings from Edinburgh! I have the same colour and screen and just love it to bits. I'm nearing 50 and just moved from a 1200 GS which I found great but too heavy. Not the same quality but boy, smiles galore! Enjoy!