Hi temp Light

tracer09

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
While riding my eye caught the Hi temp light flashing on the right screen of the tacho... i pulled over and switch off the engine. radiator fluid on the right side of the engine. the problem was a hole on the radiator from a little rock i suppose... after a few seconds i turned the key on the first position, the fan turned on, and the temperature fall in a few sec from hi to normal.....After a few hours i got it home on a trailer i turn the engine on for 20 sec and everything sound good. i ordered a new radiator. My question is:
How i will be sure that i don t have an engine damage or power loss?
thank you

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
As now "everything sounds good" when engine is on i have to say that you are lucky enough...
Don't worry but you must find out what kind of object had injured your radiator...just to avoid to happen again.
It's difficult to happend without loud noise... my radiator hash't any protective cover, i clean it regularly from dead flies,bees etc. but it hash't any mark on surface.
You are the first "radiator victim" so be sure that is not happened by... "sabotage"..

Reaction score
The radiator is very vulnerable where it is, i have a guard on mine which has a dent in it due to another bike throwing up stones which hit the radiator guard, the headlight ,the forks, my knuckles,crash helmet, so it is well worth putting a guard on it to save any expensive damage.

Last edited:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I cannot believe people who own liquid cooled bikes do not make there first mod to be a rad protector, followed by a fender exyender. I cannot believe that they are not a standard fit by the maker of the bike. They certainly came as standard on the Gen 2FZ1.
People spend about a grand on an exhaust but cannot be arsed spending about £30/50 on a rad guard.

stumpy66

Reaction score
It was the first thing i have bought, bike only done 19 miles guard should be with me tomorrow, not worth the risk using it without one:)