HID headlight kit

pipski99

Reaction score
I found this listed on ebay, specifically quoting suitable for the MT-09 and the rest of the MT range.

Bi-Xenon-HID-H4-H-L-Headlamp-Conversion-Kit-Yamaha-MT-09-FZ8-N-MT-07

Anybody got one / thinking about one?
Anybody who has had their headlight out know if this kit will fit in the space behind there?
Anybody know if this kit just takes power from the original wiring loom to the existing bulb or needs extra wiring direct to the battery?

Just wondered. HID is tempting me at the moment, both for the car and the bike.

tox

Reaction score
Though, high beam is crap at night country riding I have to say. Anything would be an improvement. Let us know what you come up with.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Pipski I tried this mod on my Fazer, changing the original H4 bulbs for HID's. The light was brilliant and bright, but becasue of the way they worked it ruined the beam pattern, it just seemed to scatter light all over the place. I ended up taking them of, but I still have them in my garage.

if I get a spare hour over the weekend I will fit one of them to the MT and see what it looks like in the dark, bu to be honest I am not that hopfull, I think we need a complete lamp,bulb & reflector solution. I will post back when I have changed them.

Birdy

Reaction score
I doubt they would be an improvement , brighter im sure , but you will still have standard beam pattern and spread . I find dipped better on the mt, high is brighter , but a strange pattern. Still better than most bikes ive had tho , my tdm 900 lights were shite, but on my old stupid tenere 750 twin spot cibies were brill when they decided to stay on anyway !

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
I've just fitted a Phillips blue vision bulb
and led sidelights looks great and much
cheaper option

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got the H7 ultra brights in and they r like a flood light. Good beam spread so they're stayin in. Got the hell braided lines and Yamaha LED indicators bein fitted Tuesday

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!

RipGroove

Reaction score
HID light scatters and needs to be focused through a lens. Therefore sticking a HID bulb in a normal light housing will not work as intended.

braedan

Reaction score
I bought this kit about two months ago. Installation was easy. Light was great. About three weeks ago, they just stopped turning on. Contacted the seller with my issue and he said it could be a number of things, so im going to send the kit back when i get a chance..