Hot running gear changes

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I had a bimble out in the sun yesterday and it was a touch warm for a change ! two issues manifested themselves in the uncommon heat.

1, I had real trouble going down through the gears, It just wouldn't select and false neutrals became apparent on numerous attempted selections, and big boot syndrome had to be deployed to "get in there you biatch"

2, The CCT became so noisy it could be heard through the quietest helmet out there, at and above 3500rpm. Get a glass jam jar half filled with gravel and give it a shake and that's the noise pitch.

I rode up to CMC and got it booked in for the CCT replacement so hopefully that will be that rectified, but the hot gearchange might not be the easiest to sort out. It's 200 miles after the 1st oil change so was the running in oil that much kinder on the internals ?

I might just dump the oil again and go away from the Yamalube and go Castrol which half worked on straight cut gears of the Triumphs I owned.

Anyone else had gearchage issues ?

flydnb

Reaction score
I was out in the heat yesterday and my gearbox is fine, its definitely got better with miles as well.

Twozup

Reaction score
I've been hitting false neutral third to fourth but in all temperatures.
I think my chain too tight. Adjusting it this weekend to see if makes a difference
Had false neutrals in every bike I owned so not overly concerned.

Sent from my mind using my fingers

flydnb

Reaction score
I've been hitting on young boys in all temperatures.
I think my jeans are too tight. Adjusting it this weekend to see if makes a difference
Had young boys on every bike I owned so not overly concerned.

Sent from my mind using my fingers
I thought you might say this.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I had difficulties in ghanging gears only when my clutch lever had so much "space".
This symptom is fixed with the correct tighten of the clutch cable.
I tried that, but as the temperature went up today, the quality of the gear change went down. I've dropped the bike off at CMC for the new tensioner so I'll sort it when it comes back.