How can I contact Yamaha International?

relz

Reaction score
I'm trying to get in touch with Yamaha International in order to ask them why Yamaha Israel are not getting the ECU update, but I can't find a link anywhere...

The farthest I've got is to visit the Global Yamaha Site, and from there press the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page (sounds promising, right?).

All I get to is a useless FAQ page...

Any other idea or pointers?

MadGelo

Reaction score
Yamaha Scandinavia not getting it either

If you do find out the reason, please share.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can ring a mate at Yamaha UK and ask him to get me a number if u want but it won't be till tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday?!?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is...

You would think EVERYONE should get it and dealers would be notified and have their heads out of the sand.
I'm assuming they plead ignorance because they have to buy the software etc from Yamaha to do the flash?!

sigtrm

Reaction score
I'm assuming they plead ignorance because they have to buy the software etc from Yamaha to do the flash?!
Nah, probably they just do not know about new map, same was here, I asked one dealer he said NO there is no new map, I asked second one said NO there is no info about new map but he told me he will ask Yamaha directly, so he did and sent me Yama reply in which they tell the dealer that there is new map, much more gentle but they do not advertise it and dealers can flash it only when customer rants or is not happy with stock map. The email also mentions there is no going back. There is no call no official action bc nothing is broken they just flash new map if customer can't handle the bike;-). They also put Hanna Montana and Justin bibber pink stickers on gas tank as a sign of performd tuning.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's y I've gone for the "alternative" map.... I fcukin hate Hanna Montana and Justin bieber lol

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Called Yamaha US and same answer... "I dont know.." WTF?

Told me to talk to the dealer as the Yamaha rep does not have access to the "Tech People" like the dealer can call through Yamaha. Did I get a wrong number and got pranked? haha. Funny stuff.

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Called dealer back again and he said he will look into it. Said he has a computer/tuner and we can play with it ourselves but wont be under warranty. Haha, that was the whole point. Said he will call Tech land or whoever and see. Told me about some headlight wiring recall that just came out too though...

relz

Reaction score
I can ring a mate at Yamaha UK and ask him to get me a number if u want but it won't be till tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday?!?
TT have had a chance to check this for me?

They still havent heard of it here, even though its in the US now too...

Thanks

relz

Reaction score
Hi mate. The best way to get the details you need is to email [email protected]
They will be able to provide you with exactly what you want
Thanks, I sent them an email, and here's their reply:
Hi Ariel

Thanks for the enquiry.

Yamaha operate through their individual Distributors in each country in which they are represented.

If you are in the UK that would be us

Regards,

Customer Service
Service Department
After Sales Division

So, I'll just have to keep on badgering them every so often :)