How Things change

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Looking at some old bike photos. I realized I am having as much fun on the MTs now as I was on a sportsbike and tuned FZ1 just two years ago.

2013:
Bikes2013.jpg

2015:
Bikes2015.jpg

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that, never really had a full blown sports bike but this is my old FZ1 today, I sold it to a guy who lives not far from me and we met up today for a ride out.

Last edited:

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I tend to use the tracer most, but I guess it is just that it is at the front of the garage and I am pretty lazy, but if I feel like hooning about on a Sunday morning I take the little un.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I loved my Fazer, did 3 European tours on it, but the miles were getting up and it would have needed tappet clearances done at the next service, rode the Tracer and my mind was made up. Never really got on with the Aprilia, great engine and fast but a bit to extreme riding position for my back, and the throttle is worse than the original MT9s.

Fluke

Reaction score
I loved my Fazer too. Did loads of miles around Europe as well as blatting about at home.
My only problem was that having had a 1200 Bandit (Mk1, of course) I was used to the bottom end torque which I missed on the Fz1. I thought it was really dull unless the engine was properly spinning.
So after I wrote off my Fz1 I bought an MT and another Bandit. And I'm happy, but...
What I really want to do is put an MT09 engine in a Fazer!
It will be the first thing I do when I win the lottery. I'll just have to start buying tickets :rolleyes:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
FZ1 today.jpg This is my old FZ1 which I sold to a guy that lives not far from me, my MT-09 and a mates FZ6. Earlier on this week the 3 of us out and about on the sunny Costa Blanca.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I had played with my FZ a bit (exhaust, filter, power commander, airbox mod and graves velocity stacks) it was running 161bhp at the back wheel and much more low/mid torgue. and still 100% reliable.
As you can see it got used for allsorts:
Home.jpgTour.jpgTrack.jpg

Treble

Reaction score
Having never tried a sportsbike,I am curious how you guys would compare the acceleration of the MT-09 to the sporties pictured?

trevorleigh

Reaction score
With the same rider both the FZ1 (Tuned) and the Aprilia RSV Mille would be quicker than the MT, but they are both 1000cc with higher power 140bhp+, I can tell though you there would not be that much in it!