How to get 'My Routes' on to TomTom Sat-Nav?

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've opened 'MyDrive', created a route, saved it to 'My Routes' and plugged my Sat-Nav in..... But it won't sync those routes to the Sat-Nav and there is no 'sync' button anywhere?!

I know my PC and TomTom are connected fine as MyDrive shows my device as CONNECTED and also I was able to transfer routes to it yesterday OK, when I plugged it in it just automatically synced the routes across.

This is my view right now, I have a route saved but cannot get it on to my device?

MyDrive 1.jpg

FYI I did actually find route planning MUCH easier via Google maps which I then converted to GPX files and imported to TomTom MyDrive, BUT MyDrive always altered the routes a little for some stupid reason so in order to get the EXACT route I want I HAVE to use stupid MyDrive.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
NVM, did a factory reset on the Sat-Nav and its OK now, syncs automatically again.

Sent from my iPhone 

bobh

Reaction score
I successfully use Tyre (or their new version Myrouteapp) freeware with my Garmin. It's actually supposed to be more compatible with Tomtom. but I can't confirm that.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I successfully use Tyre (or their new version Myrouteapp) freeware with my Garmin. It's actually supposed to be more compatible with Tomtom. but I can't confirm that.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Great tip! 'MyRouteApp' is freaking awesome!

bobh

Reaction score
Great tip! 'MyRouteApp' is freaking awesome!
Glad you like it (usual disclaimers).

Remember to put your waymarks some way after any junction, so the satnav knows in advance which way to turn and can give plenty of warning. I have to admit, that always seems counter-intuitive to me, but then I'm an old Luddite that still prefers paper maps (and is married to the best navigator ever)!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Glad you like it (usual disclaimers).

Remember to put your waymarks some way after any junction, so the satnav knows in advance which way to turn and can give plenty of warning. I have to admit, that always seems counter-intuitive to me, but then I'm an old Luddite that still prefers paper maps (and is married to the best navigator ever)!
Another good tip, thanks.

I better get a Bluetooth earpiece so I can listen to the SatNav rather than keep looking at it.