Hugger not long enough? (It tickles my OCD!)

Stripy

Reaction score
Have you been riding your MT lately in the autumn elements, and noticed that the rear half gets dirty very fast?
I have a slight theory, that the hugger is too short, and not able to stop the spray. It just starts developing my OCD, and not really interested in that "hobby"!

Those of you, who have got a tail tidy, what is your experience - have the tidy helped/worsened/unnoticed?

I must admit, I can't be arsed washing and polishing the bike after every single ride.
ACF50, anyone?

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hola,

I totally agree with ya. I have the s-moto tail tidy fitted but this has made things worse regarding spray and road grime. I think because the bike is very short and the standard hugger is short it is just one of those bikes that is going to get minging very quickly in shitty weather.

Cheers daps.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

S-moto tail tidies on eBay mate for the MT.
The new evotech one looks very neat though but I think any tail tidy will make the problem worse as you are just making the standard part a lot smaller. Look miles better though.
Just be prepared for a big cleaning job and a wet arse if used in crap weather.

Cheers daps.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
There are two horizontal threaded bolt holes on the rear of the swing arm, most likely for the rear wheel stand, but it should be possible to fabricate something like that on the KTM.

Chris West

Reaction score
So as an experiment, I've now fitted the extension bracket that came with the Yamaha tail tidy.
This extends the no plate assembly by around 30cm and drops it a bit too.
Im hoping that this will go some way to keeping the crap off me on my daily commute.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Stripy

Reaction score
There are two horizontal threaded bolt holes on the rear of the swing arm, most likely for the rear wheel stand, but it should be possible to fabricate something like that on the KTM.
You mean the GS rear bumper? ;)
Narh, then rather try fix a longer hugger somehow.

They also have them on the Ducati Multistrada's -threads doesn't last long.

Chris West

Reaction score
So as an experiment, I've now fitted the extension bracket that came with the Yamaha tail tidy.
OK so obviously still got wet but didn't seem to be as dirty as before(?)
Now this may be that through Autumn there's a lot of leaf mulch etc on the roads, therefore ya' gonna get covered in crap.
But now I've taken the extension out. so Im back to the Yamaha tail tidy configuration.
As we are looking forward to a week of rain, I'll let you know how it goes :)

RichardPB

Reaction score
Hi SuperMotoBoy (and anyone else who might be interested),

Powerbronze are making a rear hugger which is a smidge over 14 inches or 360 mm long. It is supplied with all fittings and instructions that you require to fit the hugger.

It is available, in Black, White and Carbon Look with Silver, Gold or Blue meshed vents (for those of you with the Race Blu bike !).

Here is a link to the product on the website : HUGGER - YAMAHA MT-09 14/FZ-09 14 - Powerbronze UK International

Don't forget to give us a call on 01903 783222 to get 10% off and free UK delivery.

Cheers,
Richard

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Rich. How much longer is this one compared to our stock hugger??
Had one if these on my YZF and it was fantastic..!

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!

Mitch

Reaction score
Al ording mine hopefully 2moz so will give a review when it arrives

Stripy

Reaction score
Powerbronze are making a rear hugger which is a smidge over 14 inches or 360 mm long. It is supplied with all fittings and instructions that you require to fit the hugger.
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for keeping us posted.
I must admit, that i'm not 100% fan of the design of this extended hugger. It seems like it's kinda too bulky, and doesn't fit with the rest of the bike :(

Don't forget to give us a call on 01903 783222 to get 10% off and free UK delivery.
Now, that is a fair deal though. I just wish it was more beautiful.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
Hi SuperMotoBoy (and anyone else who might be interested),

It is available, in Black, White and Carbon Look with Silver, Gold or Blue meshed vents (for those of you with the Race Blu bike !).

Here is a link to the product on the website : HUGGER - YAMAHA MT-09 14/FZ-09 14 - Powerbronze UK International

Cheers,
Richard
I also had one of these on my R6, and i was excellent, does it do away with the stupid drainage hole (that allows all the shit to spray through onto the shock) that the original fender has?

pipski99

Reaction score
Hi rich , let us all know what its like , seems the mesh will still leave me with a wet ass ! :confused:
I'm thinking the same thing. It's tempting but looks like all the mesh inserts are going to mean it's at least no better than stock hugger or maybe even worse than stock at keeping the spray off the back of my jacket.