I love the smell of copperslip in the morning.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Having recently scrapped off clumps of salt from the centre downpipe from where road surface water gets sprayed there by the front tyre I had a look up under the radiator and was surprised to se how much filth had gathered. Purely as a preventative measure, this morning I decided to remove the exhaust nuts and put some Copperslip over the stud threads. Despite giving the area a good clean afterwards to remove the odd bit that had strayed here and there, I was quite surprised at the not unpleasant smell after starting the engine.

Anywhere else on the bike where hidden corrosion might end up a problem?

PS
Not the rear suspension bolts - already discovered those!

lee1980

Reaction score
I got as soon as I could a fenda extenda for the front mudguard, the stick on sort, protects that top part of engine a bit more its about 3-4" longer and to me does not make a difference to looks. Wish they would make longer same for rear hugger on the MT-09 its way to short!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The gear selector rod starts to tarnish if it's not had a dose of acf50...! All the other bits have already been mentioned

Kinjane

Reaction score
Cheers, the lock and selector rod seem OK at the moment but I'll get the ACF50 out later.