I will kick this one off!

Timo50

Reaction score
Sat nav and heated grips!
R&G frame protectors, rad guard and fork protectors.
Still waiting for the Yam rear rack.
For anyone wanting to run the heated grips lead up from the battery, I managed using nylon fish tape, one piece through the frame at the front to the opening in the frame near the front, then running one piece from the opening in the frame to the battery, join them together, pull it though then attach the battery/sat nav lead and gently pull it through, saves taking all the plastics and tank off.

reeseyboy

Reaction score
I have wired the satnav feed into the plug for the second 12v feed behind the clocks; nice and easy to get to, switched too. I have the Yamaha heated grips fitted but I think they may well be faulty; burnt my right hand through my gloves today. Had a gel fitted to the standard seat, changed the levers and will be picking up my panniers on Tuesday whilst it's in for its first service.

Last edited:

Marks

Reaction score
Fitted a sw-motech sat nav carrier to the bars and thats it up too now. Been looking at levers, reeseyboy just out of interest which levers did you go with?

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Fitted a sw-motech sat nav carrier to the bars and thats it up too now. Been looking at levers, reeseyboy just out of interest which levers did you go with?
Bought some V-Trec ones off eBay. They're nice; not ASV, but nice for the money

stef998

Reaction score
One and only mod so far is a front mudguard extender saves all the crap on yer pipes.Picked up my luggage frames and side bags so gonna try and fit them over the weekend.

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Bought some V-Trec ones off eBay. They're nice; not ASV, but nice for the money
Which dealer had the bags Stef ?

Mods so far Heated grips, evo-tech crash bungs, ermax tinted touring screen,front fenda extender, Givi rear rack kit with v47 box and finially Castrol power 1 racing fully synth.

Last edited:

stef998

Reaction score
Bill Smiths in Chester but i ordered mine when i bought the bike i was originally told back end of April still waiting on the lowering kit though.

Mods so far Heated grips, evo-tech crash bungs, ermax tinted touring screen,front fenda extender, Givi rear rack kit with v47 box and finially Castrol power 1 racing fully synth.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have wired the satnav feed into the plug for the second 12v feed behind the clocks; nice and easy to get to, switched too. I have the Yamaha heated grips fitted but I think they may well be faulty; burnt my right hand through my gloves today. Had a gel fitted to the standard seat, changed the levers and will be picking up my panniers on Tuesday whilst it's in for its first service.
Hi Reesey, can you give us a clue on how to find that switched live, I cannot see it, what did you need to remove?

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Remove the screen (4 screws) and the plate that the screen bolts to (4 allen bolts).

Then remove the "cowling" that goes around the 12v socket. Press in the middle, I used a 3mm allen key, then lift them out with your thumb nail. There's 2 of these rivets on either side of the clocks...

With these out of the way you'll be able to trace the cable from behind the existing 12v socket to a bunch of plugs inside sheath. The existing socket uses a white plug/socket, the black socket is where the extra 12v socket would go to.

I pulled the socket out of the sheath and removed the pins from the socket using a needle to push the tangs down inside the socket casing.

Once the pins were out I checked which was live and earth and then crimped mini female spade connectors to my satnav cable, pushed them onto the pins and heat shrunk over the top. I didn't want to cut the pins/socket off as I like to return everything to standard when I'm done with a bike. This supply is fine for a satnav, or anything up to 2 amps.

Hope this helps...

Jordo27

Reaction score

Tracer Kid - do you have any photos you can post of your bike? How is the reman tinted touring screen with wind buffeting? How do you find the Givi top box?

Cheers

Tracer kid

Reaction score
IMG_8561_2.jpg

All good with screen and Givi box takes 2 full face helmets no prob.
Can ride with visor open until appox 65 mph

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Evotech Performance radiator guard
Evotech front and read axle sliders
SW Motech engine guard bars
Heated grips
Panniers
2 x RAM ball mounts
BikeTrac
Optimate
Still waiting for Givi rear rack, BF23 tank bag mounting ring and LED flashers plus (front & rear) that Yamaha say are due in June

My Toy

Reaction score

Searched eBay for MT 09 pillion and found these by Gilles.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Thank, My Toy, will take a look!

Just got back from having my seat modded by Chris at Sussex Motorcycles. Memory foam with the covering, looks like a great job and already much more comfortable than stock. Half the price of the Yamaha 'comfort' seat and probably twice as good!