Insurance cost

Stripy

Reaction score
YAIK!
No experience or no NCB?
London postcodes doesn't really pull the price down though... but £1200 ?? Wouw.

As I've mentioned before, a phone call sorted mine out to the very cheaper one - maybe you could have luck with that, too?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Ive been riding (on the road) for 13 years and every day for the last 4 but my no claims is being used on my other policy so i can't use it on this one as well! My insurance broker can't even get a quote unless i have a garage so i have had to look at different insurers which is a pain!! The lowest was £850 TPF&T but i'd rather get fully comp as I'm financing part of its value. Damn London post code, bike value and parking it on a drive are all working against me. Im 31 year old!

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
My Insurance went from £98 fully comp for my GSXR 600 2005, to £183 with 4 years no claims which i was happy with.

Cypher

Reaction score
Ouch ! £1200 insurance. TPF&T is much cheaper hmmm
That IS TPFT. Fully comp would have been around £2500-3000.

YAIK!
No experience or no NCB?
London postcodes doesn't really pull the price down though... but £1200 ?? Wouw.

As I've mentioned before, a phone call sorted mine out to the very cheaper one - maybe you could have luck with that, too?
Both. As I mentioned, this is my first big bike. Only did CBT back in August :)

I did speak to everyone in person, no one would do anything humane for me.
[MENTION=274]crotchrocket[/MENTION] - I'm 32, so roughly the same. I reckon everything is against me - first bike, no experience, no NCB, crap E15 postcode. Can't wish for more...

braedan

Reaction score
1200 quid for my quote (I live in australia) Going to try and get some discount, but had a bad record for bikes being stolen (not my fault!!!)

Del Mar

Reaction score
Old (ish) git here, but young at heart...! Will be around the £150 mark fully comp. RH6 postcode and garaged at night.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
My insurance have gone mad. My Drifter and my GSX650F are both insure for £700 TPFT. As the suzuki is going, i tried to get a new quote TPFT for just the drifter so i can use my no claims on the MT. The cheapest was £1800 from them LOL. £350 this year to £1800 …… In any other country insurance companies would be called 'The Mafia'

flydnb

Reaction score
cheapest fully comp I have had is 183 quid from mce . I live in dorset.

Spot

Reaction score
Setup my insurance today to start when I pickup the bike on the 1st March.
Best quote I got was from Bennetts. Bike is valued at £9,400 with all the extras and will be garaged. Including stuff like legal insurance, etc and with a £200 excess the fully comp price is....... £149.
I ain't complaining! :)

flydnb

Reaction score
Setup my insurance today to start when I pickup the bike on the 1st March.
Best quote I got was from Bennetts. Bike is valued at £9,400 with all the extras and will be garaged. Including stuff like legal insurance, etc and with a £200 excess the fully comp price is....... £149.
I ain't complaining! :)
how old are you and how much ncb and years with full bike lic mate ?

Spot

Reaction score
how old are you and how much ncb and years with full bike lic mate ?
48, 11 years NCB (no accident since 1984 but let policy lapse for 2 years when I was rebuilding a 350LC and moving countries and lost my NCB. D'oh!), full license for 31 years!
Fek, I feel old now :)

sporti

Reaction score
In Aust...

$300 excess, full comp, agreed value, new bike replacement for 2 years, $1500 gear cover personal effects...

$38 per month

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have 2 bikes on my policy. Mine was originally £177 for a 58 plate FZ1fazer worth about £4k, and a 55 plate Aprilia RSV mille worth about £4k. Changed the Aprilia for the MT and they wanted to add on another £200!!!, eventually after haggling got them down to £120 more. Seems the MT is in quite a high group?

Birdy

Reaction score
im 48 as well, 48 isn't old at least we are still in our 40s mate.
Hey , this is great ! At 47 i had a horrible feeling i was one of the more mature[!] riders . Up yours you old gits !!! lol My insurance went up from £98 a year [tdm 900] to about £300 ! I have still not fully recoverd:(

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Hey , this is great ! At 47 i had a horrible feeling i was one of the more mature[!] riders . Up yours you old gits !!! lol My insurance went up from £98 a year [tdm 900] to about £300 ! I have still not fully recoverd:(
47 here too Birdy.:)

flydnb

Reaction score
its funny we are all near the same age physically, its funny because the demographic that Yamaha said would be there main market was 25-39 age range.

flydnb

Reaction score
Wonder what the average age of mt 09 owners then ? I was thinking it was aimed at young hooligans ! Or are we all just reliving our old LC 350 days ? :confused:
thing is you cant compare the 350lc to the mt performance difference is huge, the mt is quicker than all of the superbikes even at the time of the 350lc, I think the appeal is the fact its very quick and light and relatively simple and well designed, a lot of us want real world performance at more sensible speeds, I mean how many bikers will actually do 180 mph on there R1 on our shitty roads , yes an R1 will look great etc but your wrists and back wont thank you if your just using in an everday situation, as far as getting over 40 and getting sucked into the adventure bike market well its not for me, a true adventure bike will have one or two cylinders max so you can really go off road and not just pretend.