insurance... pain in the ass

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
phoned Bennetts today to change the insurance over from my Street Triple to the MT09 only to be told Axa don't insure the MT09, well, they do but not the MT09 ABS.
so the bloke on the phone tried to sell me a new policy meaning I'd lose 7 months NCB :mad: after ranting about the injustice of it I was eventually put through to someone else and he's going to contact Axa and try to sort it out, if not then I'm shafted, he's going to call me back tomorrow... fingers crossed

CT/

Reaction score
sounds a joke, did he say why they wouldnt insure the abs version ? ive never heard of that :confused:

CT/

Reaction score
Mines an ABS, and guess wot, it's insured with Bennets..

Someone's telling porkie pies!
Nicely intercepted Smurf, i think its a case of yerv allready brought the bike so we,ll ripp you off if you want insurance :rolleyes:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I'd also give AXA a direct ring for a quote based on ABS model... You'll know then for sure....

Locksmith

Reaction score
I had trouble renewing my ABS last month. If you put my reg in the compare sites, no-one would quote!!!

Luckily my renewal with Hastings was competitive so I re-insured with them but it took some phone calls.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I had similar problems last year with Bennetts. I bought my MT last October when they 1st came out, I was already insured with Bennetts for previous bike and they didnt have the MT showing on their screen, so I had to cancel and renew with Carole Nash (they did give me a £25 money off voucher for next time I insured with them, and didnt charge for cancellation as it wasnt my fault they couldnt insure me)
I have just renewed my insurance last week, and luckily Bennetts came out cheapest (£87), which when I then used my voucher I ended up paying £62 for a years fully comp insurance, with a £300 excess. As you can guess I'm well chuffed!

CT/

Reaction score
I went with Hastings, mines ABS and no problem whatsoever,, great price aswell.

Mat Still

Reaction score
I called Bennetts for a quote as they insured me for the TDM before, and no quote available....
unless i either :

Get a garage
Move out of london
Buy every conceivable mechanical lock going!

Bit of a joke then when i looked on a comparision site and they popped up!

dave69

Reaction score
Was insured for my R6 with bennetts but refused when tried to insure the mt09.bennetts did insure me with some other company through bennetts.that was last year I had bought the bike and needed to pick it up.will be changing companies as soon as renewal.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
well, they've been on the phone...
as they can't contact Axa directly (great) they've sent an email, woooooh
and as time is a constraint, read "they won't get a reply any time soon", they'll have to cancel my policy and take out a new one at £446
I lose 7 months of NCB and, if I don't take the new policy, they'll charge me the cancellation fee
as a "good will gesture" if I take the new policy they'll waive the cancellation fee... oooh thanks Bennetts

sod them, meerkat here I come

flipper

Reaction score
Bennets is a broker. They can't change the policy rules the insurers set.

If you have to start a new policy because your existing insurer won't cover your new my you will get a refund on the old premium giving you a discount on the new one.

This happened to me a couple if bikes ago. Still with bennets as they seem to be the cheapest around.

some insurers don't cover certain bikes, particularly brand spankers.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
just to add insult to injury... Bikesure can insure me and the company with the 2nd best quote (through them) is... Axa

will be back on the phone tomorrow :/

Locksmith

Reaction score
Its bewildering isn't it?

I just don't get insurance companies.
My van renewal came through and was £100 more than meerkat city. (the last year the renewal was competitive and previously they were the cheapest on meerkat.

So I phone them up and explain they are £100 more and just get, "thanks for your business, goodbye!"
So at the moment Hastings have my van and bike. Cars due November, wonder how that will go!

flipper

Reaction score
Hastings were cheapest for my car this year. They seem to be on a charm offensive.