Insurance with Carole Gnash

marcusfordus

Reaction score
My renewal popped through the door today, can't be arsed with the way they auto cover you for the next year charging your card (how are they allowed to keep your numbers anyway !). So a phone call needs to be made 7 days before the renewal date to cancel. If you forget you can still cancel up to 14 days after it kicks in but it costs you £25 for the pleasure.

FFin rob dogs.

Took my custom elsewhere, saved £100 on the premium, reduced the excess by £200 down to £200 and covered the new helmet and old bike gear to the value of £750.

£136 well spent and hopefully not needed.

flydnb

Reaction score
yeah happened to me with bikesure, I phoned them and said why did you automatically renewal and they said its because of the law change and sorn conditions, I went mental and said how dare you quote the law and use it to trick people out because that's up to me to sorn my bike and take care of my insurance needs, she said nothing and I threatened them with legal action they gave me a full refund and apology in writing, they really are taking liberties these ins companies.

Birdy

Reaction score
Even worse than this... if you sell your bike with say 2 months cover remaining , and think . sod it , not worth the hassle to claim a refund and you dont cancel the policy . If the new owner uses the bike with no insurance and has an accident YOU will be liable ! Even worse is that your old insurer will pay out to third parties, they must by law , but will recover ALL costs from you .Technically you have allowed an uninsured person to use the vehicle , makes no difference you saying youre not the owner... you still insured on it.If you are skint with no possesions, not too much to worry about... if you own your own home.... you could be royally screwed !!!! Compo today can easily run into tens of thousands.....

M

MT account

Even worse than this... if you sell your bike with say 2 months cover remaining , and think . sod it , not worth the hassle to claim a refund and you dont cancel the policy . If the new owner uses the bike with no insurance and has an accident YOU will be liable ! Even worse is that your old insurer will pay out to third parties, they must by law , but will recover ALL costs from you .Technically you have allowed an uninsured person to use the vehicle , makes no difference you saying youre not the owner... you still insured on it.If you are skint with no possesions, not too much to worry about... if you own your own home.... you could be royally screwed !!!! Compo today can easily run into tens of thousands.....
good point made there, the barstewards done me while i was away and im paying twice what my new quotes were thanks to auto renew. must remember to cancel it next year before they catch me again.