Interesting times

Shaun64

Reaction score
Once there's charge points all over the place and not just in London I think they will be good,400 mile range is good.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
People laughed when the IOM TT Zero race was introduced, well here we are a few years down the road and this bike looks the ideal commuter solution and could be fun as well.

Reaction score
I'm all for technology but i just don't see electric bikes taking off any time soon, my main issues with them are;

Battery hire, kind of wipes out any savings in fuel,
Noise, what the point of a motorbike if you can't have a mean sounding fire-spitting exhaust?!
Charging points, up north there are hardly any so you're relying on charging it at home, you might find a couple outside large supermarkets/ikea type stores, but range will be an issue
Long term maintenance, i know batteries don't last forever, and they lose capacity over time, so how much is it going to cost to have them replaced down the line?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
They have had electric scooters around for years. But hope this does take off as technology is improving all the time, look at the number of electric cars on the roads , the more people buy them the cheaper they will become, I wonder if some maker will develop a Hybrid version like they have done in cars.
I would think though at the moment these will be rich men's toys

Unfazed

Reaction score
According to the web site they are going to be, in my opinion, very cheap

Estimated Retail Price £7,999 (9,799 USD)
Special Price (for supporters) £5,999 (7,499 USD)

I also had a look at recharging points in UK and Europe and there seem to be more than you think and probably growing too.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I don't know if I would buy one of a small firm like this but I would think about one if Yamaha etc made one.

stevecbr

Reaction score
looks promising, hopefully we will see a lot more of this sort of thing. 400 miles is fine for me, and i expect would be for most people, especially if we could charge it at home.
£8000 is MT09 money for R1 performance, and warranty wise they are in theory simple, a battery and an electric motor

Shaun64

Reaction score
Ive just been reading on a more bikes email and Kawasaki are on with a electric bike that's motor is powerful enough to work in a small truck.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Ive just been reading on a more bikes email and Kawasaki are on with a electric bike that's motor is powerful enough to work in a small truck.
I reckon Shell, BP and other oil majors may have something to say about that, basically they will say screw the Planet.:p

clicked on wrong post sorry

Don't you know that after the 12/2030 there aren't any more manufacturers to produce petrol and diesel engines because the main need is to save our planet?
Electric vehicles are "ringing our bell"... the future is now

I reckon Shell, BP and other oil majors may have something to say about that, basically they will say screw the Planet.:p

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Looks goods and if the spec is to be believed would be great, but I do not think they will ever be able to build it for £8k let alone sell it for that.

FJW

Reaction score
electric bikes

Have been to a race meeting and they had events for electric bikes,very fast but because of the weight can't turn.Worst thing was no noise.Only found out they had started when they went past!
Cheers.
F
sent from mt totem pole..