is my bike the one i ordered?

Chris Gray

Reaction score
so i finally received my bike 2 days ago (deep armour abs) and i love it to bits, after having the initial ride around etc thought it was finally time to open the user manual and have a wee read
as i get to the section on the display i notice there is a abs icon on it and is supposed to come on and stay on until the bike moves faster that 6 mph, heres the problem my bike does not have the light in question
and after waiting 10 weeks and it being a further 2 weeks delayed im not happy to find out the dealer has possibly mixed up my order as i am paying for the abs model so on that note i will be going in first thing tomorrow but where do i stand ?

M

MT account

look under the seat at the back of the tank. is there a storage space in there big enough to get a bike tool kit in there or is there a metal thing with brake pipes coming out of it? then look at the right hand fork leg, the abs bike has a sensor under the bottom of the fork.

M

MT account

click the pic iconclick.jpg click basicclick1.jpgthen browse for pics on yer pcclick2.jpg

Chris Gray

Reaction score
20140518_233604[1].jpg20140518_233456[1].jpg sorry for the shit quality but can you spread some light on these ?

Chris Gray

Reaction score
Rather not take that option but where do I go from here try get free parts ? Ask for the bike I ordered ? Compensation of some sort ? Or just cut my loses and take the cash back for the abs

flydnb

Reaction score
Rather not take that option but where do I go from here try get free parts ? Ask for the bike I ordered ? Compensation of some sort ? Or just cut my loses and take the cash back for the abs
mate you haven't got an abs model, and I would be livid if a dealer had sold me the wrong one I would get my money back and take my business elsewhere, what dealer is it?

Chris Gray

Reaction score
Ecosse motorcycles in aberdeen scotland first time I have wver dealt with them will drop past tomorrow but im unsure as to how I approach the situation as I cant wait another couple months for another and also its my only mode of transport and we have no other yamaha dealer around for at least 150 miles

M

MT account

sorry for jesting there but youve been sold a non abs bike....which are £400 less. if you really need the abs bike id be right back in there and tell them to get you the bike youre paying for or you'll go to trading standards. they should give you a bike to ride (that 1) while they get you what you ordered.
on an anorak note, you probably insured the bike as an abs model-its not. if you binned it you might not even be covered on insurance-worth a mention to the dealer.

M

MT account

Ecosse motorcycles in aberdeen scotland first time I have wver dealt with them will drop past tomorrow but im unsure as to how I approach the situation as I cant wait another couple months for another and also its my only mode of transport and we have no other yamaha dealer around for at least 150 miles
they have abs in fowlers and swindon. ive seen the fowlers stock today. tell them to get 1 sent up to you, its their fuck up not yours.

flydnb

Reaction score
well if they mis sold you a product they are in the shit big time especially saying it has abs because there are possible safety issues there too, just go back to the shop and tell them your are discusted and will be taking legal action etc etc , there are abs models available in uk so I cant believe its two months, also they have possibly sold an abs one to a non abs customer etc etc it goes on, on the receipt does it say abs model and how much did you pay ?

M

MT account

if i was a bit more flush id throw it up the road then take it back n say........"about this abs on my bike"...........they wouldnt be able to do naff all.......LOL!

Chris Gray

Reaction score
It states abs on finance but not the receit think I could be in for a fight buke was 7100 new zero miles new registered with abs without anymore extras

flydnb

Reaction score
also there shop doesn't list they sell the mt 09 which suggests they are a secondary dealership they list the new mt 125, the shop by looking at there website suggests they are further down the queue than a proper yammy dealer which would explain waiting times etc, if you live a long way from a proper yammy dealer it might be worth looking at other makes because dealer back up is important on a new bike especially when the can chain tensioner goes and it begins to rust and the coolant bottle rubber top perishes lol.

flydnb

Reaction score
It states abs on finance but not the receit think I could be in for a fight buke was 7100 new zero miles new registered with abs without anymore extras
was that 7100 otr or did you pay your reg fee and tax on top ?