Is there any difference between MY14 and MY 15

Gaz72

Reaction score
I just bought I brand new MT 09 from the dealer it was made in dec 14 would this be the same as the MY15

loneranger

Reaction score
no difference. race blu 2015 has new graphics though and late 2014 and 201 have had a throttle remap.

Deadhead

Reaction score
no difference. race blu 2015 has new graphics though and late 2014 and 201 have had a throttle remap.
The Race blu for 2015 has had a bit more than a change of graphics

2014 Race Blu

2015 Race Blue
Picture is a little on the dark side but it now had blue forks to go with the wheels, matt silver paint and some better looking graphics.
They have also painted more of the engine bay in that bronze finish which the 2014 didn't have so much of.

Both still my favourites of the range

Last edited:

Deadhead

Reaction score
so a white tank and change in graphics?
^^ Who didn't read what I had written under the 2105 model? ^^ ;)

Matt silver paint - Everyone seems to think it's white
Blue forks to go with the wheels
New graphics

Here this is a much better picture.

Last edited:

loneranger

Reaction score
Haha Well said! Looks nice I went with the Deep Armour as I had A deep Armour MT07 previous. Get mine this friday. I will have to check the graphics when i get it LOL.

loneranger

Reaction score
my dealer said they had made tweaks to the throttle. You reckon that is definietly the case?

Deadhead

Reaction score
Haha Well said! Looks nice I went with the Deep Armour as I had A deep Armour MT07 previous. Get mine this friday. I will have to check the graphics when i get it LOL.
my dealer said they had made tweaks to the throttle. You reckon that is definietly the case?

My MT-07 is also Deep Armour, I do like the colour, I just found it shows the swirly marks when the sun is out, mine is really bad. I Think It came from the dealer like that but not 100% sure. Try it before you take it in, get a powerful torch and shine it on the paintwork.
Only Race Blu has changed in colour and graphics, blazing Orange, Matt grey and your deep armour are unchanged so make sure you get a 2015 model and not one that has been sitting about on the showroom floor!

Have you tried a demo and was it the 2015 model? The one I tried was so I have no comparison at all to the 2013/2014 ones. I found the throttle perfectly fine in and [std] mode but agree with others that [A] mode was abrupt. Definitely not the mode to be in when in traffic it's tough to ride, however when you're pushing it it's bloody great!

Roll on Friday, I hope to pick mine up too, just depends if the fork upgrades arrive from Sweden and I can get away from work early :eek:

loneranger

Reaction score
mine is a new 2015 coming from the suppliers direct. I rode a very late 2014 test ride and agree throttle was fine. mines deep armour to and get it friday hopefully

HabUK

Reaction score
My MT-07 is also Deep Armour, I do like the colour, I just found it shows the swirly marks when the sun is out, mine is really bad. I Think It came from the dealer like that but not 100% sure. Try it before you take it in, get a powerful torch and shine it on the paintwork.
Only Race Blu has changed in colour and graphics, blazing Orange, Matt grey and your deep armour are unchanged so make sure you get a 2015 model and not one that has been sitting about on the showroom floor!

Have you tried a demo and was it the 2015 model? The one I tried was so I have no comparison at all to the 2013/2014 ones. I found the throttle perfectly fine in and [std] mode but agree with others that [A] mode was abrupt. Definitely not the mode to be in when in traffic it's tough to ride, however when you're pushing it it's bloody great!

Roll on Friday, I hope to pick mine up too, just depends if the fork upgrades arrive from Sweden and I can get away from work early :eek:

I picked mine up last week and noticed swirls in the paint, the dealer said they'll polish out so they're doing it for me when I take it for it's first service.

Psycho Paul

Reaction score
Test rode a couple in the summer 2014 models. And the throttle was a little snatchey in A mode. I have a 2015 Race Blue ( the fastest colour ) and the throttle is a lot better.

loneranger

Reaction score
damn i need to cancel my order for the deep armour, now that you have alerted me that race blu is faster!

MTom

Reaction score
i actually noticed the 2015 deep armor has a couple of bronzy bits on the engine now. the 2014 had lighter grey on the top of the engine and side cover.

i got mine a couple of weeks ago and it was a 2014 model.

sigtrm

Reaction score
damn i need to cancel my order for the deep armour, now that you have alerted me that race blu is faster!
Totally untrue, they are envy bastards. Deep armour is fastest of all. It is physics mate. Search the forum I already explained the science behind it why deep armor is fastest ;-)

RatHead

Reaction score
The 2015 matt grey also has dark grey forks whereas 2014 were silver.

Deadhead

Reaction score
I picked mine up last week and noticed swirls in the paint, the dealer said they'll polish out so they're doing it for me when I take it for it's first service.
Hmm it's not so easy as they will need to use a machine to correct the swirls. It also depends on the thickness of the paint, which no gauge can tell you when it's plastic, which of course a lost of the tank is covered by plastic panels either side. They will have to be really careful. Make sure you thoroughly check it before riding it away again. It's a bloody cheek they supply a 'NEW' bike with scratches.

loneranger

Reaction score
tank is fully plastic so unlikely they can fix to perfection. They will only be able to t polish it.

loneranger

Reaction score
Sorry that was based on my experience of the MT07! So not 100 per sure if the 09 tank is the same. I have swirls on my 07 so I know as had experience with same issue.