It's happened again!

RipGroove

Reaction score

Yamaha are going to get an ear bashing tomorrow. First time it happened at the bottom of a sweeping downhill section on smooth public roads which dented and scraped the muffler so I had the suspension professionally setup by a reputable company for my weight with all gear on now it's happened again at 5mph over a tiny concrete speed hump pulling out of my works car park.

If it does this with just me on it (80kg) and no luggage the. I can only imagine what would happen if I had a passenger on board.

Either the exhaust is designed to hand too low or the suspension is utter crap, probably both.

I'm not a happy bunny.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Ouch! I need to check the clearance on mine. I hadn't realised that you could trash the pipes like that. I thought you were on about bottoming out the muffler ... which it's done as well.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah, not good [emoji107]?

Sent from my iPhone 

pipski99

Reaction score
I'm concerned now. I'm in the middle of fitting my akra system and I'm considerably heavier than you so mine may not last long.

flydnb

Reaction score
That's why I sold my titanium it was a matter of time before I did something like this.

CT/

Reaction score
i wouldnt be too chuffed on a grands worth of pipe if that happened, no wonder they started givin em free with the bike :confused:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah not happy tbh.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
Have been talking to my local dealer but not sure what can be done really?

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm concerned now. I'm in the middle of fitting my akra system and I'm considerably heavier than you so mine may not last long.
I honestly have not abused mine, ridden it on any rough ground or jumped off any curbs etc and mines trashed, and I've never even had a passenger or luggage on this bike either. I don't really know what the issue is here tbh, many people have this system fitted with no problems so not sure why mine has been smashed to fuck?

Sent from my iPhone 

pipski99

Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear from owners riding with the akra titanium system fitted who are not suffering with any grounding out issues. I'm jinking maybe better off with the carbon racing line system that I had planned on fitting but which isn't road legal.

RipGroove

Reaction score
The carbon one looks like it has much more clearance but IMO the Ti one looks much better on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone 

Swagger

Reaction score
From your photo the headers are also a problem as they've been impacted and yet have more clearance ... I'm assuming that the carbon system has the same or similar set up. Given what I see I'd be thinking that any system would be susceptible to this kind of a grounding as they will all need to be occupying that particular space and at very similar co ordinates. I haven't got round to checking mine yet but will later this morning although I'm reluctant to do any physical testing for obvious reasons.

RipGroove

Reaction score
From your photo the headers are also a problem as they've been impacted and yet have more clearance ... I'm assuming that the carbon system has the same or similar set up. Given what I see I'd be thinking that any system would be susceptible to this kind of a grounding as they will all need to be occupying that particular space and at very similar co ordinates. I haven't got round to checking mine yet but will later this morning although I'm reluctant to do any physical testing for obvious reasons.
Yeah the headers took a beating over a small concrete speed hump. I think the suspension is as much to blame as the exhaust placement tbh.

Sent from my iPhone 

MTom

Reaction score
I was at a service station and watched a guy on an Aprilia do.exactly the same. Came flying around the corner then hit his front brake hard about 20 feet from the smallish speed hump. The bike basically bottomed out making the bike loose all of it ground clearance. Hit the speed bump at about 5mph but the front was under full compression.
Managed to remove his under tray and damage a header.

Was quite surreal to see actually but obvious at the same time. Every one else had just ridden over it at about 15-20mph without braking.

Ive done 4k im 100kg had luggage on the back been on/off ferries and go off two drop kerbs at work daily. Not a scratch.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
I was pulling out of a parking space at 5mph over the hump, I hadn't ridden towards it at any speed.

Sent from my iPhone 