Ixil zorst

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Reading old posts, I see Ixil is not the fav, but that was the Twin pipe.... What's the comments on this one

image.jpg

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
It looks heavy lol
1kg apparently, just looked a tad different.... Ixil have introduced different designs.... I've actually seen the twin pipe on other bikes, some look good, jury still out on others.... Never seen this one tho. Just interested in opinions.... Still saving for Akra...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well it's definitely different looking...can't decide if I like it or not...I take it that it's a slip on?

flipper

Reaction score
it's also available as part of a full system. dirt cheap at about £350. looks ok to me.

Mat Still

Reaction score
Can't decide. It doesn't help not being to able to see a preview of it on the MT09!

flipper

Reaction score
there's a listing for it on ebay with a photo of it fitted to the bike.

stevecbr

Reaction score
If I was to fit a pipe, the only one I'd want would be the carbon, curly akrapovik. It actually looks like it has been designed to fit the bike, by someone who has an eye for detail. And being Akrapovic, you know it will be well built and run well on the bike. I wouldnt be interested in cutting the standard pipe in half and just fitting the end can.
I'm still waiting for someone to mod the standard can, on my old FZ6 it was common just to use a 30cm metal drill bit, and drill down the baffle tubes. Sounded much better, and the ECU is able to readjust the fuel mixture