Just a heads up

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Just a heads up on BBC 1 N Ireland @10.30pm Cookstown 100 road races.See how real men race , not the pussies that do the short circuits lol.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I'd like to watch that. It's on Virgin Media, too, I think.

Out of interest, what short circuit races are you referring to, Lew? The Supersports category for the Cooktown 100 is 8 laps. Each lap is 2.1 miles, so technically considerably shorter than a Moto GP race :rolleyes: :p

LewFZ1

Reaction score
True Jon only 2.1 miles one of the shorter circuits, but show me the stone walls and hedge rows telegraph poles and other such road furniture lol that are on the Moto GP type circuits.
Also to add to the fun at a N Ireland road race there is the fresh farmyard smells to blend in with the Castrol R when the strokers classic races are on.Next week is the NW 200, slightly longer circuit and they are hitting on the back straight from Station Corner down to University Corner 200 mph + slip streaming as they go. One would need balls of steel to do that. They are mad men for sure.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...hitting on the back straight from Station Corner down to University Corner 200 mph + slip streaming as they go. One would need balls of steel to do that. They are mad men for sure.
They most certainly do have balls of Valyrain steel! Mad, maybe. Brave, hell yeah.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Very true, I had about 8 guys on Z1000SX's round it two weeks ago for 3 or 4 laps. Shall we say I was certainly not the last man home on the MT-09. I know Dundrod like the back of my hand. I was born 15 minutes from the place. I even raced it a few times on a 350cc BSA Gold Star when they held the Killinchy 150 races at Dundrod, they still do only it is called the Dundrod 150 now.
I only raced a couple of years, My mum was going into melt down with her nerves and the last straw was when I had a bad off at the Carrowdore 100,