Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

flipper

Reaction score
Fitted mine yesterday. Was a bit bloody cold. Bike all running ok but need less ice and shite on the roads before I venture out.

marksim

Reaction score
Fitted mine yesterday. Was a bit bloody cold. Bike all running ok but need less ice and shite on the roads before I venture out.
Haha
same as me,
also did his airbox mod.
Never any doubts regarding his mods as they always work and over the years hes helped me and others out loads.

marksim

Reaction score
This mod looks like it does the trick... But have I missed something... Wots the "Airbox Mod"...

You cut the snorkle off and open up the hole on the top of the airbox.
I will send Kev an email and get him to elaborate.
Its his mod and will let him post up the info.

RipGroove

Reaction score
O2 controller all fitted along with EJK fuel controller (cheers Ripgroove).

Bike started up and running OK but not test ridden yet.

One tip, if after re-fitting the tank (taken off for EJK installation), you have three silver screws left, you forgot to bolt the airbox back on - DOH :)
lol, one time I when refitting the tank I forgot to plug the fuel pump back in and wondered why it wouldn't start!

Sent from my iPhone

RipGroove

Reaction score
My O2 mod arrived today, very quick shipping and looks like a very nice professional piece of kit, thanks Kev! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

Banksy

Reaction score
My O2 mod arrived today, took a week from order! Great service Kev!

Fitted it this afternoon and have just been out on the bike before the gritters hit the roads and evenything freezes again..

SO much smoother... Low revs and load is as smooth as a carbed bike now i'd say.. No stutter detected at all...Very happy with it..

Nice one Kev!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys, there is no need to remove the tank, just raise it up & prop it up with a block of wood just enough so you can get your hand under the tank to feed the O2 controller loom through.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys, there is no need to remove the tank, just raise it up & prop it up with a block of wood just enough so you can get your hand under the tank to feed the O2 controller loom through.
Kev,

I know this ain't a question regarding the O2 controller, waiting for mine to arrive ;) but seeing you have a MT-09 and a KTM I was wondering, do the KTM domino grips fit on our MT-09 stock bars? I sure love those KTM domino grips. They're so comfy.

Thanks

kevxtx

Reaction score
I don't really like the KTM grips especially on the 1290 I find them too thin, the diameter of the grip is less than the MT's & I want to change mine. In winter it not a problem as I wear thicker gloves but in summer I find the 1290's grips to thin & I tend to dig my nails into my palm when I am trying to hang onto the beast.

marksim

Reaction score
I don't really like the KTM grips especially on the 1290 I find them too thin, the diameter of the grip is less than the MT's & I want to change mine. In winter it not a problem as I wear thicker gloves but in summer I find the 1290's grips to thin & I tend to dig my nails into my palm when I am trying to hang onto the beast.
Haha Kev
Winter.
You jammy bugger ,
You ride 365 days a year and the coldest it gets to for you is 10 degrees.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
The domino grips on the 990 are thinker and nice. My friend has one and I really like the grips. Do they find on the MT?

FreakyFreak

kevxtx

Reaction score
The domino grips on the 990 are thinker and nice. My friend has one and I really like the grips. Do they find on the MT?

FreakyFreak
Quite correct the 990 grips are thicker, the 1290 & 990 grips are not the same.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Should fit they both have the same bar diameter.