Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

kevxtx

Reaction score
The SMR bars as shown in the photos above are the same bars on a SD, SDR, SMT & SMR for all years 2005 to 2013

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Thanks Kev. I sent a Ktm dealer and email asking what the diameter of the bars are because I'm interested in getting the grips and he replied saying they are 28mm. I think he measured at the center where the bar clamps down and not at the grip end. So I sent him your pics. Waiting for an answer now.

FreakyFreak

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Ok, so having received my little black box in the post a few weeks back now I got round to fitting it yesterday, this morning went out to the mot station with Crabstick Junior on his XT660 ( just repaired after a cat c write off) and myself on my MT, not a big distance say a few miles, MASSIVE NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE, stamp of approval from me, looking forward to getting a few more miles done soon.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Ok, so having received my little black box in the post a few weeks back now I got round to fitting it yesterday, this morning went out to the mot station with Crabstick Junior on his XT660 ( just repaired after a cat c write off) and myself on my MT, not a big distance say a few miles, MASSIVE NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE, stamp of approval from me, looking forward to getting a few more miles done soon.
Thanks for your feedback. I have done many mods to the XT660's if you need some tips I have just about done them all from stroker cranks to big bores with race cams, my 660 went from 45hp to 76hp at the wheel.

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
Bloody hell Kev do you ever stop lol
It's an addition mate I can't help myself, I have lots of ideas for the 09, I will Dyno test each one to see what this motor wants.

I was one of the first in the world to fit a Raptor 700 cylinder to a XT660 motor then we went bigger youtube kevxtx - Bing Videos

One of the first mods fitting a Raptor 734cc cylinder to the XT660 cases, youtube kevxtx - Bing Videos

The last build had a +5mm raptor stroker crank a +6.5mm bigger piston taking the build to 877cc, going from 10:1 compression ratio to 12.5:1, +2mm bigger valves, white kibble valve springs, CNS porting, & a 5050 raptor race cam.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I have done many mods to the XT660's if you need some tips I have just about done them all from stroker cranks to big bores with race cams, my 660 went from 45hp to 76hp at the wheel.
Oh yes I know! we bought your download some time back for the XT, we did the air temp sensor potentiometer mod and that took a lot of the jerking out of the drive, trying to persuade junior to fork out for the o2 eliminator.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just fitted this, it looks so OEM it hurts! Nice work Kev! Won't have a chance to ride it for a while is I desperately need a new rear tyre (0.5mm of tread at the very most!) and the roads are pretty greasy.

As soon as the weather perks up the MT will be having its 3k service, some new tyres, Yams ECU flash and the headlight recall, then it'll be ready for the Spring/Summer :)

kevxtx

Reaction score
Just fitted this, it looks so OEM it hurts! Nice work Kev! Won't have a chance to ride it for a while is I desperately need a new rear tyre (0.5mm of tread at the very most!) and the roads are pretty greasy.

As soon as the weather perks up the MT will be having its 3k service, some new tyres, Yams ECU flash and the headlight recall, then it'll be ready for the Spring/Summer :)
Keep us posted.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Sure am, if you are a forum member I offer the mod with a discount Australian $100.00 + postage cost, contact via PM, I will need an Email address & a country that I will be posting to or off EBay. [7416kevxtx | eBay

Last edited:

mirdif64

Reaction score
MissC, are you on the original, or updated, Yamaha fuel map ?

relz

Reaction score
Yamaha updated map, never found the map made a lot of difference really, it was noticeable but not massively so.
I've got the updated map too. At first I felt it was great, but now a few weeks later I'm not sure any more....
Perhaps I'm getting more and more spoiled, as the bike gets smoother and smoother.

I understand you're saying that with Kevs mod you do feel a bigger difference.

I think I've heard enough to at least spike my curiosity, if not to totally convince me (as I haven't ridden one), I'm order it from Kev later on today.

BTW, has anyone considered the implications on the bikes warranty?

Last edited:

bullet

Reaction score
Oi........... oi........oi kev kev jus fitted da controller (only took a week to come) all I can say is woow feels like I got a carb lool 10/10 mate thanks can't wait to take it on a propa blast

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Oi........... oi........oi kev kev jus fitted da controller (only took a week to come) all I can say is woow feels like I got a carb lool 10/10 mate thanks can't wait to take it on a propa blast
Good news.... Just out of interest, did you get stung for any duty, shouldn't be much anyway... Just interested....

Last edited: