Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Oi........... oi........oi kev kev jus fitted da controller (only took a week to come) all I can say is woow feels like I got a carb lool 10/10 mate thanks can't wait to take it on a propa blast
Thanks for your feedback.

kevxtx

Reaction score
No need to let me know about the PM's as I log in a few times a day to check, all PM's now answered.

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
I still haven't received mine! :(

FreakyFreak
Yours was posted on the 19th & as per email they can take between 15 to 20 working days depending on your customs clearance & local postage delivery services to Portugal, so far it has been 13 working days I am sure you will get it soon. To the US & UK it is much quicker.

Last edited:

salad_dodger

Reaction score
Had my first proper ride on the bike today after fitting Kev's mod a couple of weeks ago. What a difference! The bike now rides like it should have done when it left the factory. No more throttle surge, no more having to freewheel round roundabouts, no more juddering when trying to keep to 30 or 40mph limits, just smooth power across the rev range in every gear (& any mode) instead of a throttle that felt more like an on/off switch. Fitting Kev's mod really highlights just how crap the fuelling was on the standard bike.

For anyone who is considering buying the mod, a couple of further points might be of interest. From the moment I ordered it, Kev emailed me as soon as it had been posted and it arrived in a week from Australia. Fitting it was really quick and easy - and I'm useless at anything mechanical! Many thanks Kev, you've transformed the bike into what it should have been from day one.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Had my first proper ride on the bike today after fitting Kev's mod a couple of weeks ago. What a difference! The bike now rides like it should have done when it left the factory. No more throttle surge, no more having to freewheel round roundabouts, no more juddering when trying to keep to 30 or 40mph limits, just smooth power across the rev range in every gear (& any mode) instead of a throttle that felt more like an on/off switch. Fitting Kev's mod really highlights just how crap the fuelling was on the standard bike.

For anyone who is considering buying the mod, a couple of further points might be of interest. From the moment I ordered it, Kev emailed me as soon as it had been posted and it arrived in a week from Australia. Fitting it was really quick and easy - and I'm useless at anything mechanical! Many thanks Kev, you've transformed the bike into what it should have been from day one.
Thanks for your feedback mate, as I have always said for the beginning I never really promotes my mods I let the mods sell them selves from riders feedback & am glad your ride is now more controllable. I know the controllers work because I Dyno all my mods & confirm A/F ratio's before I say anything on forums or sell them, I try & keep them affordable so everyone has a chance in making their bikes rider better.

Last edited:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Kev, Crabstick junior's XT660 o2 eliminator was collected from the post office today and fitted a few hours ago, he went out for a ride and came back raving at just how transformed the bike is with the box on, big, big thumbs up, thanks so much.:D

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
My bike is completely stock -except the DNA filter with stock snorkel- and i haven't done the official ECU remap update.
But i'm very interested about installing KEV's O2 controller.
The question is if this modification could void my bike's warranty...?

Last edited:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
My bike is completely stock -except the DNA filter with stock snorkel- and i haven't done the official ECU remap update.
But i'm very interested about installing KEV's O2 controller.
The question is if this modification could void my bike's warranty...?
When your bike goes to see the dealer just unplug the mod and remove it.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Which means that i have to unplug it every 5.000km...
To be honest 2 things are passing through my mind now: to wait until April 2016 when my warranty will valid or to ask my mechanic if he could be "blind" for this modifification every time he inspects my bike..

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the mechanic even noticed it but it takes only a few minutes to unplug and connect the original harness back up.

Your servicing is every 5000km? I think ours is every 6000 miles.

marksim

Reaction score
Which means that i have to unplug it every 5.000km...
To be honest 2 things are passing through my mind now: to wait until April 2016 when my warranty will valid or to ask my mechanic if he could be "blind" for this modifivation every time he inspects my bike..
I wouldnt even mention it,look at the list of mods on my bike LOL
Regarding service intervals,i would check that with Yamaha as Flipper as already said in the UK its 6000 miles which is 9656 Kms

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Mines arrived today... But postie couldn't be arsed to leave with a neighbour, so off to sorting office in the morning...

In reply to the warranty question, then I really don't think the dealer will mind... If they install arrows zorsts from new, then that in itself is not listed as a yamaha approved part....same as DNA or K n N, they are not stock and they alter the air %% mixture...

I wouldnt worry too much, fitting mine Thursday, wiv Akra titanium, and DNA, then it's off for a service...

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
I'm going for oil/filter change every 5000km.
So then, the mechanic inspects the bike and adjust chain, cables and everything i ask him for.
Every 10.000km he take off the tank for further service according manual's suggestions.
Allthough, i think its possible that mechanic will never ever notice the presence of KEV's contoller...
P.S. DNA filter is an aprooved part and Yamaha offers it but in higher price !!

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
Interesting about the filter, because I don't believe Yamaha offer it as an approved part in the UK.

marksim

Reaction score
They do it in Greece !
Same they do with Acrapovic Titanium zorst..
They do here with the Akra Titanium exhaust as mine came with it on.
I swopped it for the Carbon Akra later on though which is classed as a racing exhaust so suppose by the book its not official.
Back to Kevs 02 mod,you say your mechanic would only take the tank off every 10,000 km.If you fit it neat he wouldnt even see it with the tank on.