Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

salad_dodger

Reaction score
Read the instructions!!!

I'm incompetent and struggle to change batteries in my TV remote but following Kevs instructions make fitting the controller idiot proof.

Matt Grey

Reaction score
I did read the instructions, I just misunderstood them. I had it in my head that I was was replacing a cable, not extending one. Thanks all I got it now.

kevxtx

Reaction score
I did read the instructions, I just misunderstood them. I had it in my head that I was was replacing a cable, not extending one. Thanks all I got it now.
Great, we here to help if you need any further guidance.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Just picked mine up from postie office, looks a quality bit of kit... Well done Kev, fitting on Thursday when stock zorst comes off and a new Titanium goes on.....

Got the instructions, looks simple enough...

marksim

Reaction score
This could help if anybody else gets stuck.
Kevs mod is fitted " in-line " with the original setup.
Just like the LED indicator resistors

Matt Grey

Reaction score
okey dokey, just went out for a quick spin around town up to 80km/h and yes it is really really smooth. mine was already very smooth to begin with after getting the yamaha reflash, i would say its gone from like 9 to 9.5 for smoothness of roll on in STD and maybe 7 to 8.5 in A mode. so i've probably noticed more of an improvement from the closed throttle position in A mode but still feeling a little bit sudden which is fine as it's supposed to be aggressive fueling mode. in STD mode mine was already really nice and now its just a little nicer. some MT09s are a lot jerkier apparently particularly the early ones, so they might see a bigger improvement, but for what I paid very happy with even a small improvement in what was already an excellent bike :)

i will hopefully get it out in the hills next weekend for a proper test ride, but thats just my initial thoughts. will update if i notice any difference with harder riding. also i still have the stock pipe, so apparently that smoothes(or dulls?) the bike a bit more than the aftermarket cans, so this mod might help even more when i get a better can.

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, the more you ride the bike the more you will feel where the controller works.

kevxtx

Reaction score
There's an Aussie rider using your device that just ordered a EJK fuel controller. That should be an excellent combo...
We were speaking to each other this morning about it, I did mention that he uses your guide lines to set it up but to run it a little leaner across the map as the US fuels have different additives in the fuel compared to our Ozzy fuels & the fuels burn at different rates.

I have built many Dyno custom maps & sent them over seas for testing, the custom maps we tested from the US & the UK all ran to rich by around 2 to 5% on the Oz fuels, our Oz maps ran too lean on the US & UK fuels when we swapped tunes, we did back to back testing using the same model bikes with the exact same mods with 3 of us build custom Dyno maps using Tuning Link tuning software then sent each other those maps & re-confirmed the A/F ratios across the fuel table, all 3 bikes were at sea level.

marthy

Reaction score
The EJK is quite easy to tune on the fly. E10 AFR is 14.1:1 and rwg fuel is 14.7:1. Give & take 4% fuel on a PCV. I already suggest him to run less fuel in G setting since he's using your device. Maybe lowering the other 2 by .5 should be a good start. Best thing would be to throw the bike on the dyno...

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Just received my O2 controller! Looks awesome the build quality! Can't wait to get it put on my bike!

Thanks Kev, keep up the great work and quality of your products!

Jeremy Kronk

Reaction score
The EJK is quite easy to tune on the fly. E10 AFR is 14.1:1 and rwg fuel is 14.7:1. Give & take 4% fuel on a PCV. I already suggest him to run less fuel in G setting since he's using your device. Maybe lowering the other 2 by .5 should be a good start. Best thing would be to throw the bike on the dyno...
Thanks. I can't wait for the EJK.

Jeremy Kronk

Reaction score
We were speaking to each other this morning about it, I did mention that he uses your guide lines to set it up but to run it a little leaner across the map as the US fuels have different additives in the fuel compared to our Ozzy fuels & the fuels burn at different rates.

I have built many Dyno custom maps & sent them over seas for testing, the custom maps we tested from the US & the UK all ran to rich by around 2 to 5% on the Oz fuels, our Oz maps ran too lean on the US & UK fuels when we swapped tunes, we did back to back testing using the same model bikes with the exact same mods with 3 of us build custom Dyno maps using Tuning Link tuning software then sent each other those maps & re-confirmed the A/F ratios across the fuel table, all 3 bikes were at sea level.
Thanks Kevin
This afternoon I found out how awesome your product is.
Thanks for the product and help