Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

kevxtx

Reaction score
I have been asked to prove my A/F ratio's by a guy on EBay, so below are the results from data logging using a wideband O2 sensor using the very latest data logging programs from Dynojet.

Each test was carried out one after the other, my bike spec's at the time of data logging, re-flashed 2014 ECU, zero fuel map sent to the PCV so no intervention for the Power Commander at all, DNA filter installed snorkel cut out of air box lid, full Akra Carbon exhaust, coolant temp approx. 95C, air temp 26C, at sea level, using BP 95RON fuel.

All data collected was with the bike running in the closed loop at throttle openings between 4 to 10%, we are mainly look at the centre part of each wave to get the approx. A/F ratio of each run

A/F ratio's, the Standard O2 sensor in BLUE Verse my O2 controller in RED

Now add Dynojets O2 optimizer to the graph.

STD O2 sensor V Dynojet O2 Optimizer V Kevxtx O2 Controller, A/F ratio V TPS V RPM

I

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I no I have a bad addiction & will seek help one day, modifying things is my addiction. :cool:
U seem to have taken over the forum...
Every thread ends up with either O2 optimisers or links to KTM sites [emoji15]
One minute someone is talking about Renthal Bars and up pops another O2 post

kevxtx

Reaction score
Sorry mate, I will be hush from now on, I was just sharing what goes on in my biking life, I have deleted my last post on my KTM Dyno stack mods but the KTM results do directly reflect what I have in mind for the 09 as in air boxes & stack testing.

Just to set the record straight this O2 controller does not replace a good re-flash, a re-flashing changes quite a bit of the other problems within the programming, this O2 controller is for surging & part throttle control correcting the closed loop mapping area & works in conjunction with a good re-flash, the O2 controller does not adjust the map areas where the re-flash has been done & a re-flash does not alter the closed loop mapping area where the O2 controller works, for best over all results I always recommend both if you have the funds.

Last edited:

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Just installed kevs O2 controller, just had trouble with the one of the screws that release the tank. One of the Allen heads stripped :( so had to install without the tank raised. Took about 30min. Put CO settings back to 0.

Took the bike for a quick spin and the results are awesome in all modes! Congratulations Kev keep up the good work.

FreakyFreak

RipGroove

Reaction score
Sorry mate, I will be hush from now on, I was just sharing what goes on in my biking life, I have deleted my last post on my KTM Dyno stack mods but the KTM results do directly reflect what I have in mind for the 09 as in air boxes & stack testing.
I don't think it was meant like that (I hope), sharing is EXACTLY what forums are for, I for one enjoy reading your informative factual posts a lot more than some of the rubbish posted on various forums., I'm here to learn, tweak and modify not piss around.

On a side note, do you recommend putting the C0 settings on the actual bike back to zero while using your mod or does it not really matter? I know quite a few people already have theirs set to 14.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Jess Wright

Reaction score
I don't think it was meant like that (I hope), sharing is EXACTLY what forums are for, I for one enjoy reading your informative factual posts a lot more than some of the rubbish posted on various forums., I'm here to learn, tweak and modify not piss around.

On a side note, do you recommend putting the C0 settings on the actual bike back to zero while using your mod or does it not really matter? I know quite a few people already have theirs set to 14.

Sent from my iPhone
That's just so spooky was just thinking that. , after my settings were changed today and I have kev's mod on its way to me as we speak .

marksim

Reaction score
Had contact with Kev today and hope he is going to continue Posting on here and helping us improve our bikes.
He loves modding bikes and has helped loads of people throughout the world over the years
He's not in it to make money he gets his kick out of people's positive feedback on his mods
I know he has loads more ideas up his sleeve so hope he stays around to share them
I for one really appreciate all the time and effort he puts in aswell as the money he must spend on the dyno

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Had contact with Kev today and hope he is going to continue Posting on here and helping us improve our bikes.
He loves modding bikes and has helped loads of people throughout the world over the years
He's not in it to make money he gets his kick out of people's positive feedback on his mods
I know he has loads more ideas up his sleeve so hope he stays around to share them
I for one really appreciate all the time and effort he puts in aswell as the money he must spend on the dyno
Nice one mate and agreed!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ur missing my point guys...
All I am asking for is to try and keep the threads on their original topics...

No one wants to be halfway through reading a thread on something to then get lost in all the O2 stuff...
I will make this as simple as possible...

Keep the threads separate...

kevxtx

Reaction score
Fare comment & would agree 100% point well taken.

PeteMT

Reaction score
Ordered my Kev O2 controller yesterday. Looking forward to it!