Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

alan_manic

Reaction score
Fitted mine today, been busy, stripped old zorst off, lifted tank, popped on Kevs O2 controller, popped on new zorst, added battery terminals for Oxford Oxi-thingy battery charger...

Left ticking over for a while... Baffle still in... Unfortunately it's lashing it down here, so hopefully will out tomorrow to try..

View attachment 2779
WTF is that db killer fitted for? lol

R6owdlad

Reaction score
It's ok I posted a picture this morning when kevs O2 mod came thought I was amazed how quick it came . Was asked to take picture off as address details were showing but was out all day and not able to log on . Seems someone took it down for me was just saying thanks .
Me too
Amazed how quick it got here
Wasn't expecting it for at least another week!
Lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
More positive feedback here.
Finally managed to get out for half an hour this morning to test it. Gone is that roughness while cruising on slower roads and she picks up in an instant.
The ejk fueling seems spot on as well, just pulls like a train in any gear.
Well pleased!

RipGroove

Reaction score
More positive feedback here.
Finally managed to get out for half an hour this morning to test it. Gone is that roughness while cruising on slower roads and she picks up in an instant.
The ejk fueling seems spot on as well, just pulls like a train in any gear.
Well pleased!
This is good news for me then, I have both the EJK Kevs mod installed, just not ridden it yet with that combo.

Sent from my iPhone

relz

Reaction score
Look what just arrived in the mail. Goodie goodie gum drops :)

Two and a half weeks from Australia to Israel.

I cant wait another day, think ill do a night time install to have it ready for the morning commute. Hope I dont need too much light to get it done, the Street lamp is a bit weak around here...

alan_manic

Reaction score
Mine also arrived in the post today. Kev only posted it last Monday... pretty good time from Oz to Jockland. I get Ebay sellers in England who take longer to post because 'you stay in the Highlands'. Goes to show what p**h they talk.

Hopefully get the O2 sensor fitted in the next day or so. Its snowing here today so don't know when I'll get a chance for a test run.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Usually a week & a bit to the UK & USA, for some reason Europe takes a bit longer, when they are late it is usually been held up in customs & can depend on your local postal speedy deliveries.

relz

Reaction score
Look what just arrived in the mail. Goodie goodie gum drops :)

Two and a half weeks from Australia to Israel.

I cant wait another day, think ill do a night time install to have it ready for the morning commute. Hope I dont need too much light to get it done, the Street lamp is a bit weak around here...
The installation was really easy, 10 minute job tops.

I've got to say that the quality and finish of the product is outstanding IMO, it fits on the bike perfectly.
The instructions are excellent too, they explain exactly what needs to be done, where to route the wires in order to keep it tidy, and all.

The one point which was a bit fiddly and took me a while, was disconnecting the original connector from the O2 sensor, when performing this step:
o2sensor.JPG

I didn't realize that the latch that you need to press is on the backside, instead I tried struggling with three other latches/clips on the front side which are not supposed to be opened...
Once I realized my mistake, it was a piece of cake to disconnect and connect the new one.

When riding the bike I immediately felt a difference in STD mode (the difference is more subtle in A mode), but I've decided to continue riding and testing it for a few more days before forming a firm opinion.
The previous two mods (G2 and re-flash) which address the same issue, felt great at first but after a while felt as if they weren't doing much (probably I got used to them).

kevxtx

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback I will have a look at the fitting instructions to see if I can make the removal of the OEM connector from the bracket clearer, let us know what you think when you have ridden the bike a bit more.

relz

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback I will have a look at the fitting instructions to see if I can make the removal of the OEM connector from the bracket clearer, let us know what you think when you have ridden the bike a bit more.
Removing the OEM connector from the bracket was fine, the latch is on the front in clear view.
It's when I was attempting to disconnect the two halves of the connector, that I had an issue... there are three little tabs that seemed to be a connecting point, but they weren't (the are part of the construction of one of the halves). It could very well be related to the fact that I was working in the semi-darkness...

But perhaps throwing in a word that the latch is on the backside of the connector, when it is oriented as mounted on the bike, will save the next guy a couple of minutes :).

kevxtx

Reaction score
Removing the OEM connector from the bracket was fine, the latch is on the front in clear view.
It's when I was attempting to disconnect the two halves of the connector, that I had an issue... there are three little tabs that seemed to be a connecting point, but they weren't (the are part of the construction of one of the halves). It could very well be related to the fact that I was working in the semi-darkness...

But perhaps throwing in a word that the latch is on the backside of the connector, when it is oriented as mounted on the bike, will save the next guy a couple of minutes :).
I will all this photo to the instructions for you.

marksim

Reaction score
Took a day off work seen as the weather was good and managed the first proper ride with all my mods.
Still not 100% after breaking both wrists and some fingers but well on the mend and managed not too bad.
Strange how i can Plumb,wire stuff up and even plaster at work but operating the brakes and clutch in anger is something else.
Anyway Kevs 02 mod works a treat and better than i thought,never any doubts as i know from experience with his other stuff.
His damper works great and combined with my suspension upgrades and the R1 5VY Braking Wavy discs ive fitted im well happy.
I know its been said before but this is the bike Yamaha should of made.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I fell into the same trap.... You can see little tabs, but didn't do anything... I looked at the controller plug, pondered for a min or two, then had a fiddle.... Can do it in my sleep now..!

Been great weather in the midlands today 14/15 degs.... Unfortunately bike was in the garage.. Bloody work.!

Thunder Child

Reaction score
G'day Kev,

I have a quick question on how this thing works. Not asking for trade secrets but before I attach something to my bike to trick the computer I like to know how it works.

Is it a static adjustment to the output of the O2 or is it a dynamic one which adjusts the offset based on the sensor output?

Reece, of KTM 990 SMR fame said to say hello by the way. He basically told me that if you're selling something to improve the 09 I must buy it lol :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk