Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

marksim

Reaction score
Yes your getting mixed up with the 5th/6th gear elliminator mod

flipper

Reaction score
Excuse me guys - I think I missed your point here. Is there a Yamaha update on the way? Will it (a) somehow restrict/disallow the way we trick our ECUs voltage input coming from the O2 sensor through Kev's mod, or were you (b) referring to a completely different mod that would 'unchain' our MTs and Yamaha could possibly be working on preventing it?
(b) is closest but kev is working on it.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Excuse me guys - I think I missed your point here. Is there a Yamaha update on the way? Will it (a) somehow restrict/disallow the way we trick our ECUs voltage input coming from the O2 sensor through Kev's mod, or were you (b) referring to a completely different mod that would 'unchain' our MTs and Yamaha could possibly be working on preventing it?
A completely different mod in a different post which is fixed with the after market flash I am trying to do it with a plug & play mod, I will show & tell all when it is ready in the Kev's next mod thread. I have a few other mods on the go at the moment that no one has ever done or seen on a MT09.

Last edited:

RBC

Reaction score
Yes your getting mixed up with the 5th/6th gear elliminator mod
(b) is closest but kev is working on it.
A completely different mod in a different post which is fixed with the after market flash I am trying to do it with a plug & play mod, I will show & tell all when it is ready in the Kev's next mod thread. I have a few other mods on the go at the moment that no one has ever done or seen on a MT09.
I think they're a bit too scared to have the flash done lol
prepare for a jolly exciting ride once its been zapped :)
Thanks guys - won't tell anyone :cool:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
My best guess at doing a 5th/6th gear mod would be to interupt the signal from the gear switch before it hits the ecu, fool the ecu into thinking that 5th and 6th are 4th gear, and then send the correct gear info to the gear indicator on the dash.

RBC

Reaction score
My best guess at doing a 5th/6th gear mod would be to interupt the signal from the gear switch before it hits the ecu, fool the ecu into thinking that 5th and 6th are 4th gear, and then send the correct gear info to the gear indicator on the dash.
Why would you do that? For going faster than 225 km/h and/or does the engine/ECU feed(s) the bike differently (e.g. in terms of power, torque) depending on the gear?

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
Been there, done that! Doesn't work... ECU flash is the only way to go so far.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Been there, done that! Doesn't work... ECU flash is the only way to go so far.
Quite correct Marty, the ECU also looks at the Speed MPH/KPH & can see you can't travel at that speed in 4th gear & reverts back to the 6th gear map.

Last edited:

RBC

Reaction score
So could you interrupt the speed signal too? feed a false one to the ecu and the correct one to the speedo head?
I think (i) there is a thicker line between lying and tricking the ECU and (ii) it may punish us for the former.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Why do want to remove the restriction?

I cant hang on now!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Why do want to remove the restriction?

I cant hang on now!
I love working things out keeps my mind working, I was one of the first in the world to work out how to cheat the KTM 1290's traction control & wheelie control without a reflash at a flick of a switch, to date there is no reflash out there for the 1290 that can do it.