Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

mtb

Reaction score
Received the item yesterday... just a week! Fast delivery!

Fitted it after coming home... yes and engine was still hot but I couldn't wait :p

Rode the bike to/back from work, and it was wonderful!

1. Throttle response was still like before... which is great as I heard the new flash (2015) sort of slowed down the initial "OOMPH" when you twist the throttle
2. When in low/constant RPM, it is now SOOO stable! Initially I thought I had a bad chain/wrong chain tension, causing that jerky feeling... so I had to constantly pay attention to my throttle/clutch when going slow... but now I can literally lug the bike very slowly, such as riding around the car park!
3. Transition from steady speed to WOT is kind of smoothened out now, but it still packs a lot of punch.

Riding the bike is becoming less tiring after this mod. :cool:

Boomer

Reaction score
Well team, I'm a newish member here and after reading all 41 pages here and being a late starter with a 2015 Matte Grey steed I have succumbed to the KevXTX O2 controller mod and am delighted with the difference it makes.

And to top it all off, Kev is a very nice bloke.... shame you all can not meet him in person.... :)

kevxtx

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, it was great to meet your as well & see all your mods.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
The symptoms of the closed loop syndrome are as you describe so think it should work as its pritty much the same bike.
If your after a tester I can do that ;)
I have one coming for my my 09, but I have a tracer too (although I actually find the tracer OK) once it arrives I will try on both bikes and let you know how is works out.

kevxtx

Reaction score
I have one coming for my my 09, but I have a tracer too (although I actually find the tracer OK) once it arrives I will try on both bikes and let you know how is works out.
Please do not connect the O2 controller to your Tracer until I have confirmed the wiring is the same, can you PM me some clear photo's of your Tracers O2 Connector & wiring?

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Please do not connect the O2 controller to your Tracer until I have confirmed the wiring is the same, can you PM me some clear photo's of your Tracers O2 Connector & wiring?
Hi Kev

Sorry but I dont seem to be able to add any pictures in pm, I have attache them here. I checked out the connector on the Tracer last night and it sure looks the same.
1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
I will not fit the controller to the Tracer until I hear back, but I fitted it my my standard 09 last night and even though I already have the factory re-map, a throttle tamer, and a BMC filter, it has still made a huge difference.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Hi Kev

Sorry but I dont seem to be able to add any pictures in pm, I have attache them here. I checked out the connector on the Tracer last night and it sure looks the same.
View attachment 3099View attachment 3100View attachment 3100View attachment 3101View attachment 3102View attachment 3103
I will not fit the controller to the Tracer until I hear back, but I fitted it my my standard 09 last night and even though I already have the factory re-map, a throttle tamer, and a BMC filter, it has still made a huge difference.
Perfect thanks for that the wiring is exactly the same as the MT/FZ, there is no reason why it can be tested on a FJ/Tracer.

Last edited:

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Perfect thanks for that the wiring is exactly the same as the MT/FZ, there is no reason why it can be tested on a FJ/Tracer.
Tested on the tracer today, and it works fine? Doe not make as big a difference as it does on the std b09, but still noticeable. the fuelling is much better on the tracer anyway, so there is not so much of a problem to solve?

kevxtx

Reaction score
Tested on the tracer today, and it works fine? Doe not make as big a difference as it does on the std b09, but still noticeable. the fuelling is much better on the tracer anyway, so there is not so much of a problem to solve?
Great news thanks for your feedback, let me know if you want a second O2 controller I will do you one at my cost price for all the help you have done.

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Hey Kev, have you tested this on the new Yamaha map that is supposedly doing the rounds now? Apparently it's even newer than the one last year.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Hey Kev, have you tested this on the new Yamaha map that is supposedly doing the rounds now? Apparently it's even newer than the one last year.
Not heard of any new map beside the standard 2014 map, 2014 upgrade & 2015 ABS map. Not seen a Yamaha map that has done any mapping to the closed loop as yet.

Colton123

Reaction score
Fitted kevs O2 controller today wow cheers kev sorted my bike right out no more surging back and forth and very smooth on the throttle .one happy customer����

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Not heard of any new map beside the standard 2014 map, 2014 upgrade & 2015 ABS map. Not seen a Yamaha map that has done any mapping to the closed loop as yet.
Ok, Hi Kev, wots the 2015 ABS, i have the ABS MT, had the original map, Upgraded in October last year for the 2014 Flash, i know nothing about another one..

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Fitted kevs O2 controller today wow cheers kev sorted my bike right out no more surging back and forth and very smooth on the throttle .one happy customer����
Good to hear that Colton123, easy to fit wasn't it.... Glad its made a diff..