Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

Deadhead

Reaction score
I've just got myself a new 2015 ABS model, still running it in in fact. Have already altered the Co2 settings to 14 as I have the Akra pipe fitted and run it without the baffle. It did make a difference to the smoothness it's just not perfect yet. Now I understand the bike comes with the latest map which is a whole lot better than the original, thing is I never ridden one with the old map only a 2015 model so no idea how bad that was. The mod does interest me I'm just in 2 minds as to weather it's going to make a big enough difference for me. Anyone out there with a new 2015 model that's fitted the mod?

Locksmith

Reaction score
It will make a difference. The new mapping still doesn't address the part of the injection system that matters.

Buy one you wont regret it!

Edeit: return the co settings to zero by the way.

Deadhead

Reaction score
It will make a difference. The new mapping still doesn't address the part of the injection system that matters.

Buy one you wont regret it!

Edeit: return the co settings to zero by the way.
Return after you fit the mod or should I return them to zero now?

marksim

Reaction score
All the Yam re flash does is numb the power delivery down abit therefore making the bike not as exciting.
Ive rode both maps and prefer the original.
Kevs 02 mod combined with throttle mod sorts it out
A PCV with custom map and Simons flash also helps.
Afraid with the 2015 bikes you only have the uprated yam flash

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
My bike is still at standard first yamaha map, i enjoy it every day, no regret at all for not having reflash it.
I've only put a dna filter which made it less snatchy at low rpm, i've done 16.000km and is much better than when my engine was new.
My CO settings are at -0-
Now i'm saving my pennies for Kevin's O2 controller...:cool:
I 'll send pm when i'll be ready.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My bike is still at standard first yamaha map, i enjoy it every day, no regret at all for not having reflash it.
I've only put a dna filter which made it less snatchy at low rpm, i've done 16.000km and is much better than when my engine was new.
My CO settings are at -0-
Now i'm saving my pennies for Kevin's O2 controller...:cool:
I 'll send pm when i'll be ready.
Well done u...!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430934175.371204.jpg

sigtrm

Reaction score
Does anyone have dyno with kev xtx mod? Or even better kev xtx vs stock comparison?

kevxtx

Reaction score
The controller is not a performance mod, what comparison are you after A/F ratio or HP & Torque? As I have already listed the A/F ratio differences in a previous thread.

kevxtx

Reaction score
As mentioned the controller is not a performance mod or sold as a performance mod.

I have never heard of anyone requesting what the HP & Torque in the closed loop is before, there are torque gains from correcting the closed loop A/F ratio's from 14.7:1 to 13.6:1, which can be felt when I use my adjustable O2 controller to find the sweet spot. Turn off the O2 controller the A/F ratio displays 14.7:1 riding the bike at a constant throttle in the closed loop then turning the controller dial richer I can feel the bike picks up speed at that same constant throttle as I increase the mixture, I can adjust the MT09's close loop anywhere between 12.5:1 & 14.7:1.

Last edited:

My Toy

Reaction score
As above, after fitting my O2 controller I can feel that the midrange is much stronger than before, the front tyre will never wear out at this rate[emoji15][emoji106]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

billygatso

Reaction score
Fitted mine at the weekend and am very pleased with the results. I have a G2, the original map and the standard exhaust. It allows you to roll the power on much earlier on the exit from bends and basically makes the whole riding experience a lot more enjoyable. Awesome service as well, Oz to UK in 9 days. :D

Last edited:

sigtrm

Reaction score
As mentioned the controller is not a performance mod or sold as a performance mod.

I have never heard of anyone requesting what the HP & Torque in the closed loop is before, there are torque gains from correcting the closed loop A/F ratio's from 14.7:1 to 13.6:1, which can be felt when I use my adjustable O2 controller to find the sweet spot. Turn off the O2 controller the A/F ratio displays 14.7:1 riding the bike at a constant throttle in the closed loop then turning the controller dial richer I can feel the bike picks up speed at that same constant throttle as I increase the mixture, I can adjust the MT09's close loop anywhere between 12.5:1 & 14.7:1.

I am not requesting I am just curious. I bought the O2 controller to eliminate surging in 2-4k rpm range at low speed, and ofc O2 controller does that, but my bike does not want to wheelie anymore so I wonder how torque/power changed in very low rev/.

kevxtx

Reaction score
As soon as you crack the throttle the closed loop is turned off so it would have no affect in trying to wheelie.

sigtrm

Reaction score
As soon as you crack the throttle the closed loop is turned off so it would have no affect in trying to wheelie.
Yes,I read your doc, but this happens over 6k, right? Anyway I think I feel less power on lower RPM, id est I have feeling that I need to open throttle more than before, and bike does not pick up front on 2nd as easly as it does w/o mod. But maybe I shall give it a chance of more than 100km.

kevxtx

Reaction score
That is very strange as the mod only works when your hand is held steady or very slow throttle movements, move the throttle quickly for your wheelie & the closed loop is turned off before the motor has even revved up.

Just a reminder for everyone your dash CO must be set at Zero.

CT/

Reaction score
Did anyone else find it to be a rite Bar-steward disconnecting the oem O2 sensor plug after lifting the rubber boot,, 20 mins to fit kevs mod ? I spent 20 mins just trying to disconnect the plug :confused: fitted Kev,s controller today but not tried it yet due to good old UK rain again :(

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Did anyone else find it to be a rite Bar-steward disconnecting the oem O2 sensor plug :(
Yes, it was a bit Fiddley, it was a bit misleading, what you thought were clips, weren't. It wasn't until i bent the bracket a slight bit that i could see how it came apart... After that it was a doddle...

Botto

Reaction score
That is very strange as the mod only works when your hand is held steady or very slow throttle movements, move the throttle quickly for your wheelie & the closed loop is turned off before the motor has even revved up.

Just a reminder for everyone your dash CO must be set at Zero.
Cheers for that info Kev as mines on 16 co at the moment, will change it tomorrow.

Cheers,
Gav.